Samsung says more than one million people globally using Note 7 with different battery
Samsung Electronics Co Ltd has more than 1 million people globally using Galaxy Note 7 smartphones with batteries that are not vulnerable to overheating and catching fire, said a statement on the firm's Chinese website on Thursday.
The South Korean firm in the statement also apologized to its consumers for failing to explain why the smartphones on sale in China were safe, as they used batteries that came from a different supplier to those that could overheat.
(Reporting by Paul Carsten and Beijing Newsroom; Editing by Tom Hogue)
- 10:56 Elbow to play Sherwood Forest
- 10:56 COLUMN: Make your dog your running buddy
- 10:56 Bus fire in Mablethorpe
- 10:56 ‘Tour of the Wolds’ will bring thousands to Louth
- 10:56 Young Jack needs a new home
- 10:55 Why Yorkshire folk still prefer to pay and display with cash
- 10:54 Serbia and Kosovo 'on brink of WAR' as troops line border to ‘bomb’...
- 10:54 South Yorkshire fires round-up: Arsonists wreak havoc in spate of...
- 10:54 After snow, storms and rough seas, what has the North East weather...
- 10:54 Farewell The West Wing: White House press corps to leave iconic...
- 10:53 7 ways of getting the taxman to help you beat the January financial...
- 10:53 European club boss confirms he wants to sign Chelsea and West Ham...
- 10:53 Ivan Toney and Matt Crooks can be good signings for Scunthorpe:...
- 10:53 Angry Birds maker Rovio to open game development studio in London
- 10:53 Oracle opens start-up accelerator in Israel for cloud innovation
- 10:53 Blue Monday: 14 ways to stay cheery in Chester
- 10:53 Why Yorkshire folk still prefer to pay and display with cash
- 10:53 Bayern Munich make Marco Verratti their priority target as Carlo...
- 10:53 Top Lancashire politician to retire before the ‘grim reaper comes’
- 10:52 Why Yorkshire folk still prefer to pay and display with cash
- 10:52 We fully deserved a point, says Town boss Adams
- 10:52 Elbow to play Sherwood Forest
- 10:51 'The days of someone handing over £250k are long gone': How do you...
- 10:51 The shares to watch in 2017: From an unloved clothing giant, to a...
- 10:51 Police get extension in Gomersal murder investigation
- 10:51 Couple caught having sex in Burger King toilets
- 10:51 Why Yorkshire folk still prefer to pay and display with cash
- 10:51 Newspaper trolls Donald Trump with brilliant TV listing
- 10:51 Shooting takes place outside primary school as children are...
- 10:51 Bus fire in Mablethorpe