Samsung says more than one million people globally using Note 7 with different battery
Samsung Electronics Co Ltd has more than 1 million people globally using Galaxy Note 7 smartphones with batteries that are not vulnerable to overheating and catching fire, said a statement on the firm's Chinese website on Thursday.
The South Korean firm in the statement also apologised to its consumers for failing to explain why the smartphones on sale in China were safe, as they used batteries that came from a different supplier to those that could overheat.
(Reporting by Paul Carsten and Beijing Newsroom; Editing by Tom Hogue)
- 20:39 Dad-of-one second person who died after falling ill at Mutiny Festival
- 20:32 Danica Patrick's trail-blazing racing career ends with crash at...
- 20:32 Mohamed Salah sends message to Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho
- 20:29 Person in critical condition as 15 people hospitalised after Mutiny...
- 20:22 Passengers and crew evacuated from Windermere car ferry after fire
- 20:16 Canova Bust of Peace on sale in first public outing in 200 years
- 20:11 Mohamed Salah injury: Liverpool team-mate aims sly dig at ‘clever’...
- 20:09 Person in critical condition as 15 people hospitalised after Mutiny...
- 20:08 Manchester United midfielder Paul Pogba tells Mino Raiola to start...
- 20:03 Air ambulance lands on carriageway after after car overturns on...
- 20:02 Former US President George HW Bush hospitalised for low blood...
- 20:00 VIDEO: Stranded porpoise rescued from Morecambe Bay beach
- 19:51 Cinque Terre: on the trail of Italy's famous five
- 19:44 Italy PM-designate Conte gives up bid for government
- 19:42 Saints centre Francis earns praise from England boss Jones
- 19:42 Damage caused as burglars target Bijou nightclub in Bingley
- 19:42 Northants suffer narrow defeat against Durham
- 19:42 Northants skipper Wakely: We have it all to do
- 19:42 Jessie Harrington aims Irish 1,000 Guineas victor Alpha Centauri at...
- 19:40 Liverpool stars SLAMMED by Paul Scholes for crying in Real Madrid...
- 19:40 Loris Karius: Police probe death threats aimed at Liverpool star...
- 19:33 Former president George HW Bush admitted to hospital in Maine
- 19:33 Italy's PM-designate Giuseppe Conte fails to form populist government
- 19:32 Air ambulance lands on carriageway after after car overturns on...
- 19:30 Chris Ashton hat-trick makes forceful point in Barbarians defeat of...
- 19:29 Woman's body removed from Hartlepool shop
- 19:29 Anatomy of a police shooting: the final hours of Elijah Holcombe
- 19:29 Police appeal over criminal damage to car in Barrow
- 19:29 Lightning strike damages Henley building
- 19:25 Last-ball agony for Red Rose in cup collision