Samsung's £6.4bn bid to become a self-driving car giant: Electronics giant to snap up Harman International
Samsung is turning from smartphones to smart cars in a bid to regain its status as a technology heavyweight.
The South Korean electronics giant is spending £6.4billion to buy Harman International, a supplier of in-car entertainment.
The move will see Samsung go head-to-head with Apple and Google which have already delved into the auto technology market.
Harman produces top-end audio equipment and its automotive supplies business – which provides navigation, multimedia entertainment, security systems and analytics tools to cars – accounts for 65 per cent of sales in the sector.
RELATED... read more
- 11:50 Nottinghamshire Police backs charity’s Road Safety Week
- 11:49 How to get rid of BAD BREATH: These foods could cause bad oral hygiene
- 11:49 Nottinghamshire Police backs charity’s Road Safety Week
- 11:48 Recruitment roadshow for aspiring teachers set to come to Coventry...
- 11:47 Leeds pensioners die after crash in the Dales
- 11:47 Road hogs are clogging up motorway’s middle lane
- 11:47 Labour leader says Party refused Kezia Dugdale permission to go on...
- 11:47 North Sea oil industry could be boosted by change in Budget
- 11:46 Fuel prices are slashed at Morrisons
- 11:46 Name released of man, 52, killed in crash as coroner prepares to...
- 11:46 Berwick victory sees them climb to third
- 11:46 Everton FC striker Oumar Niasse on the penalty decision that...
- 11:45 RUMOUR MILL: Manchester United line up £40m move for Danny Rose,...
- 11:44 Man kicks off after chippy staff pour gravy on his chips in Manchester
- 11:44 Alcester firm is region’s top exporter
- 11:44 Nottinghamshire Police backs charity’s Road Safety Week
- 11:44 Popular Doncaster pub closes down for refurbishment amid Facebook...
- 11:43 Charles Bronson's new wife defends controversial wedding as she...
- 11:43 Man in serious condition after Scarborough assault
- 11:43 Carlisle's city centre Argos to close
- 11:43 Weather warning of rain issued for Cumbria
- 11:43 Buchanan insists Cobblers confidence remains high despite...
- 11:42 Hepatitis A vaccinations at nursery after child contracts illness
- 11:42 Why Black Friday ‘deals’ aren't always what they seem
- 11:42 ‘Step in, pause, and fix Universal Credit’, Batley and Spen MP...
- 11:42 Delays on M53 near Chester after skip wagon sheds load
- 11:42 Update: Man charged with Knightcote murder
- 11:41 What is the law on smacking children in Derby as Wales moves...
- 11:41 Liverpool's 'cheeriest' homeless person has put his Christmas...
- 11:41 240,000 flock to Durham’s Lumiere spectacular