Samsung recalls replacement smartphone over fire risk
0 Have your say Samsung has halted sales of its Galaxy Note 7 smartphone and urged owners to switch them off following reports that handsets issued as replacements for faulty models had caught fire.
The Korean technology giant’s share price tumbled seven per cent yesterday, wiping billions of pounds off its value, as the future of the flagship handset was thrown into jeopardy.
The £740 smartphone was due to relaunch in the UK at the end of October after sales were delayed amid concerns that the mobiles were at risk of overheating or catching fire.
Samsung said it was confident it had... read more
- 08:00 Special constables to be trained to deal with hare coursers
- 08:00 Soldier who recruits children threatens McDonalds staff
- 08:00 Sunshine and colder conditions
- 08:00 Arsenal legend Lauren tells Arsene Wenger he’s ready to play to...
- 07:59 Man discovers bomb in his garden while digging for an extension
- 07:59 Traffic and travel around Burton and South Derbyshire this morning,...
- 07:58 Police return to hospital over new saline bags scare
- 07:58 Cumbrian bus route facing the axe saved at 11th hour
- 07:58 Sunshine and colder conditions
- 07:57 Cinema listings
- 07:56 The morning news headlines:
- 07:55 Ashley Young ready to quit Manchester United to earn £5...
- 07:54 Tesco recall ready meal over allergy risk
- 07:54 Chelsea defender deal: Star explains why he’s snubbed the Blues
- 07:54 Number of homeowners moving house falls for the first time in five...
- 07:54 Are you a buy-to-let mortgage prisoner? Brokers warn rising number...
- 07:54 Wife pays tribute to her 'gentle giant' war veteran husband
- 07:54 The hottest investment trusts revealed: Contrarian Murray...
- 07:54 New Grimsby Town midfielder Jamey Osborne can't wait for his...
- 07:54 Five rip-offs and financial wrongs that need to end: From ticket...
- 07:54 Grimsby Town boss eyeing TWO more signings in January window
- 07:53 Three-car crash on A19 LIVE: Lane closed near Sunderland causing...
- 07:53 The morning news headlines: Donald Trump vows to unify the US as he...
- 07:53 Sunshine and colder conditions
- 07:51 New coffee shop in Preston is taking shape
- 07:51 Historic Newsome Mill ponds saved from developers
- 07:50 Cameron House reveals plans for lochside terrace revamp
- 07:50 Liverpool News: Big transfer claim, Premier League title blow,...
- 07:50 Pundit reveals why Manchester City will struggle against Tottenham...
- 07:49 UPDATE 1-UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Jan 20