Samsung Galaxy Note 7: Second 'safe' replacement catches fire
A second replacement Samsung Galaxy Note 7 device, deemed safe by the company, has caught fire in the US, US media report.
Samsung has been forced to issue new models of the smartphone following complaints of faulty batteries.
A man in Kentucky said he was "scared to death" when he woke to a bedroom full of smoke, local media say.
It comes after another replacement Note 7 caught fire on a Southwest Airlines plane on Wednesday.
"The phone is supposed to be the replacement, so you would have thought it would be safe," Michael Klering of Nicholasville, Kentucky, told local... read more
- 08:03 Your complete guide to 25 events this half-term
- 08:03 11 lost nightclubs of the 90s and 2000s
- 08:03 Top 10 streets for crime in North East Lincolnshire
- 08:03 Grieving families outraged at council decision to remove mementos...
- 08:03 Grimsby Town director John Fenty wants Paul Hurst to stay at the club
- 08:00 Andrew Percy: Now I'm the new Parks Minister!
- 08:00 Four In A Bed featuring Scunthorpe hotel to be aired on Channel 4
- 08:00 Your complete guide to 24 events this half-term
- 08:00 Scunthorpe United midfielder Josh Morris looks at different way of...
- 08:00 Perspective needed for Scunthorpe United after Oldham Athletic defeat
- 08:00 15 homes in North Lincolnshire that have been reduced the most
- 08:00 Ambulance service apologises for hour-long 999 delay after...
- 08:00 Derbyshire scientist creates test to predict likelihood of...
- 08:00 Town centre post office to shut before Christmas
- 08:00 Warwickshire duo claim titles at Horse of the Year show
- 08:00 Royal Mail reveals Christmas postage cut off dates - get organised...
- 07:59 Blackpool Victoria Hospital’s ‘thank-ewe’ to heart surgery patient
- 07:55 Cork city guide: what to see, plus the best bars, hotels and...
- 07:54 Chelsea boss Antonio Conte reveals Paul Pogba dreamed of returning...
- 07:54 Grimsby family celebrate latest addition - making them five...
- 07:54 Chelsea attacker Eden Hazard will lead revenge charge against...
- 07:54 Miracle baby born with half a heart is family's best Christmas present
- 07:53 Big charity total raised by store staff
- 07:49 Inquiry finds Syrian government forces responsible for third gas...
- 07:49 Iraqi army tries to take main Christian town near Mosul
- 07:47 Take note of these M56 closures if you're jetting off on holiday
- 07:45 Opinion column – Knight’s Days with Sir Greg Knight MP
- 07:42 Triple tragedy spurs on granddaughter's staggering £3.5k fundraiser
- 07:39 Opinion column – Knight’s Days with Sir Greg Knight MP
- 07:38 Boy, 13, admits child rape after watching ‘gay porn’