Samsung expects to get over 80 percent of recalled Note 7s in South Korea by October 1
Samsung Electronics Co Ltd (005930.KS) said on Thursday it expects to have recovered more than 80 percent of recalled Galaxy Note 7 smartphones sold in South Korea by Oct. 1, when the firm plans to resume sales of the device in its home market.
Samsung, in a statement, reiterated its request for all consumers affected by the recall to turn in their devices.
On Sept. 2, Samsung announced a global recall of at least 2.5 million Note 7s in 10 markets due to faulty batteries causing some of the phones to catch fire.
The firm said it has resumed domestic television advertisements for the 988,900... read more
- 12:04 Lancashire's longest serving magistrate retires today on his 70th...
- 12:04 Planning on travelling by Metro this weekend? Bank Holiday...
- 12:04 Rare memorial ring for Lord Byron is up for auction
- 12:04 Models back the Respect Program to tackle sexual abuse in fashion
- 12:03 Whiteside in squad for Sofia
- 12:03 What time is the Champions League final and what channel is...
- 12:03 SNP Growth Commission: Scots banks would move HQs to London if...
- 12:02 6 delicious gluten free places to eat in Edinburgh
- 12:01 Quest to find relatives of First World War fallen - as plans for...
- 12:01 Bank Holiday weather: What to expect hour-by-hour in Yorkshire over...
- 11:59 Get in step for 1940s weekend with dance lessons
- 11:59 Rarely-seen garden gems to go on show
- 11:59 Hollie is named Spittal Gala Queen
- 11:59 GDPR blocks some US-based news websites for EU internet users
- 11:59 Bank Holiday weather: What to expect hour-by-hour in Yorkshire over...
- 11:58 Ireland goes to the polls today to amend the eighth in...
- 11:58 Couple didn’t realise they’d won £21,044,592 until shop worker told...
- 11:58 Cat finds out she’s pregnant and it clearly wasn’t planned
- 11:58 Amazon Alexa can now say prayers and channel the voice of God
- 11:58 Shetland ponies bring comfort and joy to dementia patients
- 11:57 Elliot Daly picked ahead of Danny Cipriani at full-back for England
- 11:57 A rookie’s day out at Lord’s: is cricket best appreciated slowly?
- 11:57 Brexit: UK seeks deal on sharing of 'top secret' information
- 11:57 Millom man who failed to pay court fine given six years to settle...
- 11:55 Buxton tot faces 12 weeks of chemo to fight rare medical condition
- 11:54 Give thank for our local drinks at Market Harborough event
- 11:53 You’ll soon be able to buy Maltesers truffles and buttons
- 11:53 A period-themed brunch is coming to London
- 11:53 Fire crews called after boy falls into deep water at Barracks Lodge
- 11:52 The FOUR players Maurizio Sarri wants to sign after replacing...