Samsung expects another $3 billion hit to profit from Note 7 failure
Samsung Electronics Co Ltd on Friday said it expects to take a hit to its operating profit of about $3 billion over the next two quarters due to the discontinuation of its fire-prone Galaxy Note 7 smartphone.
The South Korean tech giant said in a statement it expected the blow to profit to be in the mid-2 trillion won range in the October-December period and about 1 trillion won ($900 million) for the first quarter of 2017.
The outlook brings to more than $5 billion the total losses the global smartphone leader has forecast as a result of the overheating issues, after it said on Wednesday... read more
- 08:49 Investment is key to growth of Berwick area
- 08:47 Ambitious project on 15th century tower moves to next phase
- 08:44 YOUR LETTERS: Think mobility scooters too
- 08:44 Driver rescued after lorry crashes on A1
- 08:43 Andy Garner on importance of the first goal for Burton Albion at...
- 08:43 Jose Mourinho discusses Man United transfers: These two deals will...
- 08:42 Newcastle boss Benitez: It’s hard to attract players to the...
- 08:41 Grantham Hospital support group offers First Aid training
- 08:41 Weather forecast for the East Midlands: Saturday January 21
- 08:41 Tom Hardy is red hot favourite to be next James Bond and reveals...
- 08:40 Driver rescued after lorry crashes on A1
- 08:37 Jose Mourinho admits Luke Shaw is going through a difficult period...
- 08:37 Belford man receives MBE
- 08:37 Don’t lose your vote when you move home
- 08:36 Antonio Conte organises peace meal for Diego Costa and Chelsea...
- 08:36 Do you want to support Help for Heroes?
- 08:35 Businessman ends up in court after thieves steal his shotguns
- 08:34 Verdict on safety of fire ravaged Barrow building due next week
- 08:32 Coatbridge footballer Mark Kerr tells the Albion Rovers players to...
- 08:31 Go-ahead for 16 homes on outskirts of Shrewsbury
- 08:31 Telford poisoner’s wife tells others ‘trust your intincts’
- 08:31 ‘Prime’ Ludlow housing land is up for sale
- 08:31 Tories dub Telford council leader 'Shaun of the Debt'
- 08:31 Shrewsbury police in extra patrols over reports of 'sexual...
- 08:31 £1,200 damage in vandal attack at Shrewsbury Quarry play park
- 08:31 Shrewsbury butcher's shop burglar jailed for a year
- 08:31 Ludlow's twin oaks await decision on chop
- 08:31 Shrewsbury drugs courier avoids being sent to prison
- 08:31 Shropshire hospitals ask nurses to put in extra shifts as demand on...
- 08:31 Oswestry bus routes changed to avoid roadworks