Samsung Electronics opens lower after scrapping Galaxy Note 7
Shares of Samsung Electronics Co Ltd (005930.KS) opened weaker on Wednesday, touching a one-month low due to concerns about the firm's prospects after it decided to permanently end sales of its Galaxy Note 7 smartphones.
Samsung shares were trading down 3.1 percent as of 0004 GMT, compared with a 0.3 percent fall for the broader market, after touching their lowest level since Sept. 12.
(Reporting by Se Young Lee; Editing by Stephen Coates)
- 12:21 The huge hack that took down big bits of the internet is ‘easy to...
- 12:21 John Lewis, Oliver Bonas and Very Exclusive: Accessories we want...
- 12:21 England women draw inspiration for Spain win by meeting up with...
- 12:21 You can get flights for £2 – but you have to book today
- 12:21 Nathaniel Chalobah only made his Chelsea debut this season after...
- 12:21 Child car seats recalled over safety fears
- 12:21 Northern Powerhouse 'all but cancelled' say Labour MPs
- 12:21 More trains for Hartlepool’s Christmas shoppers
- 12:20 Doncaster prositute support plan nominated for award
- 12:20 President Obama ridiculed on Snapchat by daughter Sasha
- 12:19 Multi-agency effort to tackle underage drinking in Alnwick
- 12:19 Simulating wildfires through technology
- 12:18 Prisoner goes missing
- 12:18 Wheels come off as Boxing Day pram race gets the push
- 12:18 Lancashire MP in battle against money laundering
- 12:18 Hartlepool United's season and Craig Hignett's reign in numbers
- 12:18 Under the Radar: The Blet Project
- 12:18 Charity takes on new boss
- 12:18 Book review: Autumn, by Ali Smith
- 12:18 Two men fined for fly-tipping
- 12:17 Doncaster prositute support plan nominated for award
- 12:17 Court round-up: Grantham area defendants brought before magistrates
- 12:17 Six of the best pumpkin ideas and how to make them
- 12:16 City's Big Bang anniversary overshadowed by Brexit concerns
- 12:15 How the humble shed is helping Barnsley men to beat loneliness
- 12:15 Theatre director Howard Davies dies aged 71
- 12:15 Get dressed up this Halloween for knock down prices to Twycross Zoo
- 12:15 Former boss of Glasgow's defunct Arches appointed artistic director...
- 12:15 Scots pay gap falls between men and women
- 12:15 16 dogs with a Hallowe'en costume better than yours