Samsung asks Note 7 customers to return their phones – but Royal Mail bans them from being sent through the post in case they explode
Samsung Galaxy Note 7 customers in the UK are advised to power off the faulty device immediately and return it to its place of purchase, but there's one problem - Royal Mail won't accept posting of the smartphones.
Samsung has stopped making and selling the device after finding that even the supposedly safer replacements it was providing for recalled Note 7 phones were catching fire.
The company are offering a refund or the chance to exchange for a different Samsung model. However, because the Note 7 contains a lithium battery, Royal Mail and Parcelforce won't allow the faulty product to be... read more
- 12:53 Inside the cab of a Crossrail train: Fascinating clip shows a...
- 12:51 Quiz: Who said it - Donald Trump or Elon Musk?
- 12:51 How police spot a drink driver - even before they’ve stopped your car
- 12:50 Advice as trains from Banbury may be busy over bank holiday weekend
- 12:50 Salford fire trial: Two men guilty of murder
- 12:49 New Mayor bids to make town known
- 12:49 Bank holiday scorcher predicted for Yorkshire
- 12:48 YP Letters: Ageing population grew up in real austerity
- 12:48 The Thing Is with Steve Canavan
- 12:48 Blackpool Transport announces 10p fare increase
- 12:46 How police spot a drink driver - even before they’ve stopped your car
- 12:46 Holiday park in Melton expands with £1 million investment
- 12:45 Vital work of Lancaster hospice featured on television
- 12:45 Spore heroes: unlocking the life-cycle secrets of the earliest land...
- 12:45 Russian pranksters discuss Putin and Skripal in call with Boris...
- 12:44 Bank holiday scorcher predicted for Yorkshire
- 12:43 Manchester United close in on €50m Fred but balk at...
- 12:43 Sheffield warehouse in line for major revival with flats, shops,...
- 12:43 Car torched in arson attack close to Sheffield murder scene
- 12:42 Bank holiday scorcher predicted for Yorkshire
- 12:41 Work on £1.5m transformation of derelict Carlisle pub underway
- 12:41 Sites block EU users before GDPR takes effect
- 12:40 Bank holiday scorcher predicted for Yorkshire
- 12:40 Sheffield warehouse in line for major revival with flats, shops,...
- 12:39 World Cup 2018: The best snubbed players who have not been selected...
- 12:39 Man Utd 'close' to sealing first summer signing, deal wanted done...
- 12:39 Jurgen Klopp warned that Champions League might NOT be enough for...
- 12:39 Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp is like Barcelona legend Johan Cruyff...
- 12:39 Scottish Government told about NHS Tayside dipping into charity...
- 12:39 Italy student flies home from Pakistan after forced abortion