Sam Allardyce wrote in his book that he had never taken a bung in his life: 'I was earning £1.5m a year, so I didn’t need a little bit extra'
Sam Allardyce lost his dream job as England manager when he was caught up in a newspaper sting after just 67 days in the role – but in his autobiography he claimed he had never taken a bung in his career.
In Big Sam: My Autobiography, published in 2015, Allardyce wrote: ‘For the record, I’ve never taken a bung in my life. I might have enjoyed a meal and a bottle of wine on an agent or two, but that is it. I was earning £1.5million a year, so I didn’t need a little bit of extra room from an agent. It would have been madness.’
The now former England boss was caught on camera offering advice... read more
- 18:50 Have there been two decades of failure to reform social care?
- 18:49 Anthony Joshua picks his hardest fight out of Tyson Fury, Deontay...
- 18:49 J Crew to close 39 stores after jacking up prices
- 18:49 Birmingham City duo join Mickleover Sports on loan deals
- 18:47 Arsenal news: Arsene Wenger will make major team selection change...
- 18:47 New England Patriots and Philadelphia Eagles backed for Super Bowl...
- 18:47 Arsenal news: Danny Welbeck problem is a real worry for Arsene...
- 18:47 Blue and white Arsenal kit disgusts fans against Cologne – 'What...
- 18:45 No joy for Thoresby’s festival refund
- 18:45 Video: Man lost his home and pension after falling for a £200,000...
- 18:45 Video: Apprentice contestant Elizabeth chases a goose to safety
- 18:46 UPDATED 6.30pm: A590 reopens but train problems persist
- 18:45 Mansfield and district crime report
- 18:46 Cumbrian criminal cases reviewed after potential data manipulation
- 18:45 Woman cut free after Kirkby car smash
- 18:45 The essential do’s and don’ts of Black Friday
- 18:45 Brighton can win at Old Trafford, claims Chris Hughton ahead of...
- 18:45 Man who strangled a woman to death in Sutton is sentenced
- 18:45 £295 court bill for £15 of cannabis in Mansfield
- 18:45 Notts child sexual abuse reports increase
- 18:45 Jail for banned driver who walked out of Mansfield court and drove off
- 18:45 Royal badge manufacturer secures £1.2 million of help to expand
- 18:45 The best Black Friday deals 2017
- 18:43 We've had the Ale Trail - this was the coffee trail
- 18:42 'She's more than just a sex toy': Man, 58, reveals he sleeps with a...
- 18:42 Europe’s oldest chimpanzee Blossom dies at the ripe old age of 62...
- 18:42 How cooking fish and chips can change the weather: Frying food...
- 18:42 Seven submissions to St Helens Council’s planning department
- 18:42 Figures show worrying increase in disabled youngsters seeking help...
- 18:42 Is it safe to go to Morocco? Travel advice and update for...