Sam Allardyce says he has "paid the consequences" for "error of judgment"
Former England manager Sam Allardyce has told reporters he made "an error of judgment", adding: "I have paid the consequences."
The 61-year-old's contract was terminated by mutual agreement on Tuesday night after crisis talks with the Football Association triggered by a Daily Telegraph investigation in which he was covertly filmed advising undercover reporters on how to sidestep FA transfer regulations.
Clearly shaken by events, Allardyce told reporters outside his home in Bolton on Wednesday morning: "Entrapment has won on this occasion. I have to accept... read more
- 09:49 Football fan rides horse into pub
- 09:49 Top 10 things to do at the weekend in Lancashire
- 09:48 KT Tunstall rushed to hospital after swallowing chicken wing bone
- 09:47 Football fan rides horse into pub
- 09:46 Stamford man charged with raping teenager
- 09:46 Jose Mourinho speaks out about Wayne Rooney’s Man Utd future
- 09:45 Man taken to hospital after motorbikes crash in Bitterscote Drive,...
- 09:45 Entertainment world mourns Dad's Army creator Jimmy Perry
- 09:44 Syrian refugee kids among £1-an-hour workers making clothes for...
- 09:44 Make It Happen: Groups apply for help from grant scheme
- 09:43 Sean is left hungry after sanctions stop his benefits
- 09:42 Seoul court approves winding down of Hanjin Shipping's four...
- 09:42 Halloween events across Lancashire
- 09:42 European bank stocks recoup post-Brexit losses
- 09:42 Prisons in England and Wales 'need to improve rehabilitation rates'
- 09:42 Lauri Love: MPs sign letter asking President Obama to block...
- 09:41 Children give verdict on Dreamflight delight
- 09:40 Young man denies frail Warwick pensioner’s manslaughter
- 09:39 BOSTON SATURDAY LEAGUE: Results
- 09:38 US 'consternation' over Philippines' Duterte comments
- 09:38 Other classic dating profile photos we’d like to see banned
- 09:37 Top 10 things to do at the weekend in Lancashire
- 09:37 ‘I was still grieving and football came second. We are not robots’
- 09:36 Space themed fireworks spectacular to end the Alton Towers season
- 09:35 Sunderland Council’s £4.1million windfall from Newcastle Airport...
- 09:35 Arsenal fan SLAMS supporters for celebrating being top of Premier...
- 09:35 X Factor hopeful Sam hopes she's a big enough diva
- 09:35 You won’t believe what a Man Utd star was seen doing with a Chelsea...
- 09:34 American sweet shop closes down in Northampton town centre
- 09:34 Curry house in Northampton shortlisted in Northamptonshire Food &...