Sales of double-digit million pound UK homes fall 86 percent
The number of British homes worth 10 million pounds or more sold over the summer fell by an annual 86 percent, hit by property tax hikes and the Brexit vote, according to official data analysed by a residential fund.
Just five double-digit million pound homes were bought in the three months to the end of August, according to the London Central Portfolio (LCP), compared to the same period last year when 35 transactions were completed.
A 25.5 million pound property in Belgravia, one of the capital's most desirable postcodes, was the most expensive home sold but the average selling price of... read more
- 12:47 Peter Kay cancels Coventry Dance for Life show at the Ricoh Arena
- 12:46 Appeal for information after attempted theft in Leamington
- 12:46 Arsene Wenger finally shares a laugh about infamous Henry and Pires...
- 12:46 Warwickshire getting ready for electric vehicle future
- 12:46 Anthony Crolla admits he felt ‘pressure’ returning to Manchester...
- 12:46 From branches made of plastic bags to mannequins and a PINEAPPLE:...
- 12:46 Police appeal for witnesses after armed robbery at Tesco in Lillington
- 12:46 Premier League average wages: Figures for top seven show how...
- 12:45 Is Man Utd vs Bournemouth on TV? Kick-off time, date, odds and...
- 12:45 Chelsea star Willian responds to Manchester United and Barcelona...
- 12:45 Corby teenager’s amazing £4,000 fundraising adventure
- 12:44 Ready for adventure at Long Sutton Primary School
- 12:44 AFC Wimbledon given green light to build new 11,000-capacity...
- 12:44 Is Netflix spying on us? Four questions the company needs to answer
- 12:44 Another milestone in Cumbria's flooding fightback as historic...
- 12:44 Bassetlaw Foodbank fears it will 'struggle to meet demand' with...
- 12:44 Lincolnshire council invests £2 million in a hotel - in YORKSHIRE
- 12:44 How to claim a refund for cancelled Peter Kay tour
- 12:42 Reckless motorist caught doing 128mph in 50mph zone of M1
- 12:42 Peter Kay cancels all 100 tour dates due to ‘unforeseen circumstances’
- 12:42 Kim Kardashian attempted to get pregnant again but her embryo failed
- 12:42 Peter Kay cancels UK tour - how to get your refund
- 12:41 Leeds United aiming to home in on top six
- 12:41 What's the most unsafe new car on sale today? This model just...
- 12:41 Peter Kay cancels all 100 tour dates due to ‘unforeseen circumstances’
- 12:41 Man jailed for axe attack in Halifax flats
- 12:40 Peter Kay gig is cancelled due to 'unforeseen circumstances'
- 12:40 Tyson Fury must prove he is fit to fight Anthony Joshua and...
- 12:40 Neymar missing from Paris Saint-Germain squad after returning home...
- 12:40 Network Rail generates £4.8m from toilets