Sale Sharks captain Josh Beaumont happy to play Mr Versatile after England call up
Sale Sharks captain Josh Beaumont claimed he is happy to play Mr Versatile as he joined up with Eddie Jones for England’s three-day camp in Brighton.
Beaumont started at No 8 in Saturday’s 34-30 victory over Leicester, but has been earmarked as a potential second-row candidate ahead of next month’s autumn internationals.
‘My sole ambition is to play for England so I'll play anywhere,’ said the 24-year-old. ‘There's always a place in a squad for a guy who can play more than one position in the pack. I'll meet with the coaches and see where they want me to play.’
RELATED ARTICLES Previous 1... read more
- 18:45 Alastair Cook defiance in vain as England suffer worrying collapse...
- 18:45 French Open draw: Who Rafael Nadal, Novak Djokovic and Serena...
- 18:40 Mum gives birth to healthy baby despite being pregnant...
- 18:39 Man Utd transfer news: Pogba swap ‘proposed’ to Barcelona, Fred...
- 18:38 Cabinet shake up for SLDC as new members take up roles
- 18:38 Avon’s £16 Eva Mendes perfume is voted Britain’s best, beating YSL,...
- 18:37 Sheffield tennis court use rockets
- 18:36 Emergency brake was disabled on self-driving Uber that killed woman
- 18:35 Morgan Freeman accused of sexual harassment by multiple women
- 18:35 'I'm not sorry I said it': Erykah Badu on music, motherhood and...
- 18:34 Couple murdered French nanny over ‘bizarre Boyzone obssession’
- 18:34 Morgan Freeman facing ‘multiple’ sex harassment allegations
- 18:31 Pet shops could soon be banned from selling puppies
- 18:31 Arsenal transfer news: Unai Emery told he must have these TWO...
- 18:31 Man Utd transfer news: Chelsea joined in Robert Lewandowski race as...
- 18:30 Readers try to find novelist’s ‘crime scenes’ in Peak District
- 18:28 Keeping the NHS going could cost you £2,000 in extra taxes
- 18:28 Work on derelict Carlisle hotel halted due to fresh fears
- 18:28 Police officers ‘ate cannabis on duty then called for back-up when...
- 18:27 Arrest over Chorley dog’s head incident
- 18:25 Lloyds investors rebel against bank's executive pay report
- 18:23 Irish pro-choice campaigners recount #HomeToVote journeys online
- 18:21 'An absolutely disgusting article': is satire funnier when the...
- 18:21 Sudanese teenager who killed rapist husband appeals death sentence
- 18:18 Arsonists caught fleeing after throwing petrol bomb at house where...
- 18:16 Special ball raises £300k to support Doddie Weir MND cause
- 18:16 Nicola Sturgeon 'horrified' by gagged worker photo
- 18:14 Everton next manager odds: Who will replace Sam Allardyce at...
- 18:09 Fab Harrogate leads way on plastic waste battle
- 18:09 London dig unearths Roman bones, jewels and single flake of gold