Sailor stranded on ship at Great Yarmouth for 15 months
A sailor has been stranded aboard a ship moored in Norfolk for more than 15 months amid a legal dispute.
The India-owned Malaviya Twenty has been detained in Great Yarmouth docks since it arrived in June 2016.
Capt Nikesh Rastogi was part of a 13-strong replacement crew for the ship contracted in February 2017.
The International Transport Workers' Federation (ITF) said 33 crew members had been on and off the vessel since October 2015 and had not been paid.
Capt Rastogi, 43, from Mumbai, said he said if he were to leave the ship, it would be deemed a derelict.
He said anybody would then be... read more
- 16:17 Syria war: War crimes committed in Eastern Ghouta battle - UN
- 16:17 Celebs Go Dating wants Brummie singles to feature in new series
- 16:17 Residents won't use "hopeless" bus services in Solihull, warning
- 16:17 Tenancy fraud cases cost Solihull Council more than £1.5m
- 16:17 Pub's strict new rules for England game after rowdy fans cause mayhem
- 16:16 Sheffield tech hub full after 400 move in
- 16:15 WWE legend Vader dies aged 63
- 16:15 Art prize for Eyemouth High pupil
- 16:14 Council at cutting edge as verge works start
- 16:14 Labour looks for community organiser in Northumberland
- 16:14 Development company selling home it bought from CEO
- 16:14 Time passes more slowly for flies, study finds
- 16:13 Empty 'ghost' school costing Liverpool taxpayers £12,000 a DAY -...
- 16:13 Police who saved drug dealer from sinking car to receive bravery award
- 16:13 Police confirm death of Burnley road traffic accident victim
- 16:13 Lottery winners announced in Padiham
- 16:12 Upmarket restaurant chain Prescott and Conran collapses into...
- 16:11 Should you give money to street beggars? What police and charities say
- 16:11 Rafael Nadal: World No 2 suffers Wimbledon injury scare - WATCH
- 16:11 Why roads will not be closed in Leeds tomorrow for national Clean...
- 16:11 Marketing firm Anicca thriving - despite Leicester City Council...
- 16:10 Hull's holiday home market booms as Willerby on track for record year
- 16:10 Live as police search third house in Orchard Park murder investigation
- 16:10 Project to improve the Greenway from Rushden Lakes to Rushden town...
- 16:09 Man arrested after street robbery in Worksop
- 16:08 Teacher who summoned schoolboy to her office for sex branded a...
- 16:08 Tory rebels back down over Brexit bill after amendement
- 16:08 Craig Salmon’s Soapbox: Time to award ‘penalty goals’
- 16:08 Gelson Martins: Arsenal lead Liverpool and Everton for free Premier...
- 16:07 A Stroll With Stu: Glaisdale walk takes in quiet country lanes