Ryanair warns drop in pound will hit full-year profit
Ryanair said a further drop in the value of sterling has forced it to cut its forecast for full-year profit by 5 percent, adding that average fares could fall more sharply this winter.
Europe's largest low-cost airline, which depends on Britain for around a third of its revenue, said an 18 percent slide in the pound against the dollar following the country's vote to leave the European Union, will cut fares by between 13 percent and 15 percent.
Chief Executive Michael O'Leary said the reduced forecast "remains heavily dependent upon no further weakness in second-half fares or sterling... read more
- 08:17 United Utliities spends £817m on regions water service
- 08:17 Meet the woman helping partygoers navigate consent on the dancefloor
- 08:14 Man Utd transfer news: Fred to undergo MEDICAL ahead of contract...
- 08:12 High street in urgent need of help
- 08:12 Pupil numbers crossing border now over 100
- 08:12 Fred drops Manchester United transfer hint on Instagram
- 08:11 Putting on A Brave Face at Dundee Rep
- 08:10 One in five British cars is fitted with 'dangerous' tyres, warns...
- 08:10 Home insurance bills rise THREE times faster than inflation as...
- 08:10 EE will double the cost of some calls from next month - and it...
- 08:09 Lancashire man jailed after drugs squad bust at Kendal Calling
- 08:07 Box, set and match: how on-demand became TV's new battleground
- 08:07 England vs. Pakistan: Lord’s horror show for Joe Root’s side
- 08:05 VIDEO: A masterclass in the art of the summer barbecue
- 08:03 10 tips for choosing your wedding cake
- 08:03 Photos share the journey of AI sex robots from steel skeletons to...
- 08:03 Champions League final: Liverpool will LOVE to see Gareth Bale on...
- 08:03 GDPR: Everything you need to know about the new data laws
- 08:02 Poor wi-fi means Conwy valley pupil does homework in lay-by
- 08:01 Nasal implant that impairs ability to smell could help with...
- 08:00 Tanya Burr's 'daunting' move from YouTube to acting
- 08:00 Danny Boyle to direct next Bond film
- 07:58 Armed bystander shoots dead gunman who opened fire in restaurant
- 07:55 Body found in search for missing Leamington man
- 07:55 Police tent erected at Sheffield murder scene after death of boy, 15
- 07:54 Criminal proceedings not ruled out over use of donations for...
- 07:53 Sheila Hancock on Edie: 'There aren't many actors still around who...
- 07:51 Father and daughter step out for charity
- 07:51 Green-fingered Brownies lend a hand
- 07:51 Popular landlord and colourful character dies