Ryanair trims profit forecast amid plunging sterling
Ryanair today became the latest airline to warn over the impact of the plunging pound as it said full-year profits would take a hit.
The Irish carrier blamed an 18 per cent fall in the value of sterling since the Brexit vote as it cut its annual earnings forecast by 5 per cent.
It said fares fell more than expected in the first half of its financial year – down 10 per cent – and were now set to drop by up to 15 per cent in the final six months as the Brexit-hit pound takes its toll.
Ryanair now expects full-year earnings of between €1.3 billion (£1.17bn) and €1.35bn, down from the previous... read more
- 08:50 Bolton and Wicks lead Stratford AC’s herculean marathon efforts
- 08:50 Scarborough pals' backpacking video goes viral
- 08:50 Chelsea transfer news: £65m for Koulibaly amid Alonso exit fears
- 08:50 Dog rescued from canal in Radford Semele
- 08:49 RISE AND SHINE: All your latest morning news
- 08:48 West Cumbria roads blocked due to crash
- 08:47 Recommending e-cigarettes to help smokers quit is irresponsible...
- 08:47 Things to do in Birmingham on May Bank Holiday weekend
- 08:47 Donald Trump thanks Kanye West after rapper expresses 'love' for...
- 08:47 West Brom transfer rumour: Italian interest in Nacer Chadli
- 08:46 TSB drafts in outside help to fix IT chaos
- 08:44 Police set to target illegal parking at Derbyshire beauty spot as...
- 08:44 Diego Simeone names the Arsenal star he fears most ahead of Europa...
- 08:43 Prince Alexander now favourite in William and Kate’s baby name odds
- 08:43 Labour drops candidate who doubts Manchester and Jo Cox tragedies...
- 08:43 WATCH: Deontay Wilder offers Anthony Joshua £35m for unification...
- 08:43 Real Madrid star makes BIZARRE claim about Barcelona fans favourite
- 08:42 RISE AND SHINE: All your latest morning news
- 08:42 ALERT: Anti-freeze being used to poison pets in this Sheffield suburb
- 08:42 VIDEO: Greggs opens TODAY at Sheffield's newest retail park - and...
- 08:40 Double call out after concerns for people on wrong side of railings...
- 08:40 Supply problems for Sunderland homes and traffic disruption after...
- 08:40 Banbury campaigners hit out at ‘secret’ health planning group
- 08:40 Sunderland counts £844,000
- 08:40 Northern Lights: Our future needs Chinese as well as British...
- 08:39 Sheffield-based animal rescue in crisis and could close
- 08:39 ALERT: Anti-freeze being used to poison pets in this Sheffield suburb
- 08:39 Durham coach looking forward to seeing Aiden Markram show his talents
- 08:39 Epic sounding Manchester band kicking off tour in Leeds
- 08:38 West Cumbria road blocked due to crash