Rwanda genocide: Kagame warns of 'showdown' with France
Rwanda's President Paul Kagame has warned of a "showdown" with France after a French investigation into the events leading to Rwanda's genocide was reopened.
Then-Rwandan president Juvenal Habyarimana was killed when his plane was shot down in 1994.
His assassination triggered nationwide violence, leading to 800,000 deaths.
Investigators want to hear evidence from a former general who claims Mr Kagame was involved.
President Kagame refuted the allegations, and criticised French authorities for re-opening the investigation last week.
"The judicial system of Rwanda is not... read more
- 00:01 Why I wish I hadn’t blamed my father for all of my faults
- 00:01 How to get your garden ready for spring
- 00:01 'It's very scary in the forest': should Finland's wolves be culled?
- 00:01 Simone Biles: ‘My guiltiest pleasure? A pizza and ice-cream party’
- 00:01 Great little ski resorts: Vaujany, France
- 00:01 Edge of darkness: looking into the black hole at the heart of the...
- 00:01 Roll over, grandma, and tell Robert Peston the news
- 00:01 Britain’s new wave of militant grocers
- 00:01 My grandmother is lying to concoct a fantasy love life
- 00:01 Forget the hangover, under-25s turn to mindful drinking
- 00:01 It’s finally time to say ‘I don’t’ to the solo wedding craze
- 00:01 Heal thyself: meet the doctors living with the conditions they treat
- 00:01 ‘So, you know I have bipolar?’ – the perils of dating with a mental...
- 00:01 Sweet and savoury recipes for pancake day
- 00:01 The 20 best French recipes: part 1
- 00:01 EU states back call for UK to agree €60bn exit bill before trade talks
- 00:01 'Dinner with the Donald': Nigel Farage joins Trump's table at...
- 00:01 Jeremy Corbyn: give Labour more time to develop appealing policies
- 00:01 Swedish MEP says Boris Johnson's liberation comment crossed 'red line'
- 00:01 EU nationals: have you applied for permanent residency? Share stories
- 00:01 What policies should Jeremy Corbyn's Labour pursue?
- 00:01 Dutch woman with two British children told to leave UK after 24 years
- 01:25 Holy Trinity! Kendall Jenner touches down in Paris dressed like...
- 00:01 Revealed: how US billionaire helped to back Brexit
- 01:25 10 questions we need answering after the return of Broadchurch...
- 00:01 Robert Mercer: the big data billionaire waging war on mainstream media
- 00:01 Corbyn told: take blame for Copeland byelection flop or we face...
- 00:01 Jeremy Corbyn told not to 'pass the buck' after Labour defeat
- 00:01 Lost: test results diagnosing Jeremy Hunt with terminal incompetence
- 00:01 London must remain open to the world