Rutland couple Tom and Nic Ray praise Starfish film based on their lives as ‘beautiful and well-made’
0 Have your say The Rutland man whose story was used as the basis of a new film has praised it as “beautiful” and “well-made”.
Tom Ray, of Alsthorpe Road, Oakham, contracted septicaemia in 1999 and as a result, had to have both of his arms, both of his legs and part of his face amputated.
Independent British film Starfish tells Tom and his wife Nicola’s remarkable story and stars Downton Abbey actress Joanne Froggatt and actor Tom Riley in the leading roles. Market Harborough girl Ellie Copping takes the endearing role of the couple’s daughter Grace, who was just two at the time. Nic was... read more
- 00:34 In pictures: Libyan students celebrate graduation amid ruins
- 00:33 Short story: Twenty Years by Joanna Bolouri
- 00:33 Memoirs and autumn's best cookbooks: Reviews
- 00:33 Theatre reviews: Ragtime, The Red Barn and Oil
- 00:33 Dance review: Burn The Floor
- 00:33 Opera reviews: Madama Butterfly and Ulysses’ Homecoming
- 00:33 Film reviews: Jack Reacher, I, Daniel Blake and Keeping Up With The...
- 00:33 Jack Reacher author Lee Child: Trump chickened out of Vietnam- end...
- 00:32 Do six people die for every kilo of cocaine?
- 00:32 Citroen DS3 Performance review - Return of the pocket rocket
- 00:30 Venezuelans protest after quashed referendum
- 00:26 Police release 12 more mugshots of fans after Scottish Cup Final...
- 00:22 West Brom: Tony Pulis gives his verdict on Liverpool
- 00:22 Pierluigi Gollini: Aston Villa boss Steve Bruce on the young...
- 00:22 Sam Eggington's epic defeat of Frankie Gavin was a 'super human'...
- 00:21 'Revolutionary' flab-busting treatment endorsed by Kim Kardashian...
- 00:19 QUICK QUIZ: What’s been going on this week?
- 00:15 Police launch inquiry into death of woman ‘refused’ an abortion by...
- 00:12 Thropton WI, Meeting
- 00:11 River Island, New Look and Next: The best coat designs for winter
- 00:11 Debenhams, Oliver Bonas and Jigsaw: The best accessories we want...
- 00:12 Interview: Father of LiFi brings web out of the dark ages
- 00:11 Tesco, Next and Debenhams: The most stylish bread bins
- 00:11 Loaf, Amara and Swoon: Luxurious accessories to create a warm home
- 00:11 Aveda, Bumble and Origins: The best new hair products
- 00:11 Jose Mourinho: Man United vs Man City derby isn't that important
- 00:11 LK Bennett, Debenhams and Matalan: The best mini bag designs for...
- 00:11 Arsenal ace reacts to Mesut Ozil exit rumours: They're a big club -...
- 00:11 Escada, Kurt Geiger and Gap: Traditional tweeds with a twist
- 00:06 There’s something a bit off about these cemetery bushes