Russian reporter Borodin dead after mystery fall
A Russian investigative journalist who wrote about the deaths of mercenaries in Syria has died in hospital after falling from his fifth-floor flat.
Maxim Borodin was found badly injured by neighbours in Yekaterinburg and taken to hospital, where he later died.
Local officials said no suicide note was found but the incident was unlikely to be of a criminal nature.
However, a friend revealed Borodin had said his flat had been surrounded by security men two days earlier.
Vyacheslav Bashkov described Borodin as a "principled, honest journalist" and said Borodin had contacted him at... read more
- 09:49 Firefighters tackle digger blaze in South Cumbria
- 09:49 Mum who gave birth at Northampton General Hospital names baby after...
- 09:49 Firefighters tackle house fire on the Fairmead Estate in Melton
- 09:48 Half of drivers think speeding is acceptable, poll finds
- 09:48 ‘The Sagas of Noggin the Nog’ comes to Great Carlton
- 09:48 Update: Collision involving ‘bus and tractor’ on the A16 at Grainsby
- 09:46 Fast and furious: Half of drivers think speeding is acceptable,...
- 09:45 Knife crime rises in Northumbria
- 09:44 New spring food festival arrives in Banbury this weekend
- 09:44 Barclays boss used bank's security team to hunt for whistleblower
- 09:43 Sunderland youngsters could be offered new deals as Chris Coleman...
- 09:43 Car fire spreads to three other vehicles during early morning blaze
- 09:43 Call for Carlisle to become major transportation hub
- 09:43 RISE AND SHINE: Live travel updates, weather and more
- 09:42 Call for Carlisle to become major transportation hub
- 09:41 Fast and furious: Half of drivers think speeding is acceptable,...
- 09:40 Man, 70, remains in hospital after Fleetwood crash
- 09:40 Shop explosion father speaks of feeling 'powerless' at seeing the...
- 09:39 Best places to buy a hot tub for summer 2018 including Aldi, Asda,...
- 09:39 Jeetan Patel delighted by new recruit's excitement to be playing...
- 09:39 This horrifying Snapchat feature could put kids at risk of paedophiles
- 09:39 Crazed Man United fan butchers cheating wife with samurai sword...
- 09:39 The day Dale Winton was called a 'poof' in Sheffield - and the...
- 09:38 Tributes paid to Leamington’s legendary landlord
- 09:39 Matthew Bates gives injury update on Michael Woods and Josh Hawkes
- 09:38 Admissions issue exists after just one year at new Heathcote School
- 09:38 Catholics to outnumber Protestants in Northern Ireland by 2021
- 09:38 Five car smash on M65
- 09:38 Serious police incident on Sealand Road in Chester – live updates
- 09:37 Woman born with dark birthmarks covering half her body inspires...