Russian parliament approves suspension of plutonium accord with U.S.
The lower house of the Russian parliament on Wednesday approved President Vladimir Putin's decree on suspending a plutonium accord with the United States, Russian news agencies reported.
The agreement was concluded in 2000 and bound the two sides to dispose of surplus plutonium originally intended for use in nuclear weapons.
Agencies said the suspension was approved by 445 of 450 deputies in the State Duma, the lower house of parliament.
(Reporting by Alexander Winning; Writing by Maria Tsvetkova; Editing by Andrew Osborn)
- 08:23 Sergio Ramos complains about 'excessive' red card for tackle on...
- 08:23 Barcelona boss Luis Enrique reveals the special Lionel Messi tactic...
- 08:23 Harry Redknapp: This is what pleased me about Birmingham's defeat...
- 08:23 Pound Sterling Latest: Euro roller coaster ride as France election...
- 08:22 Named and shamed: Who's been in Derbyshire's courts?
- 08:22 Incredible images of Northern Lights captured by photographer in...
- 08:22 Man faked terror plot to get out of holiday with his girlfriend
- 08:21 TOWIE star Ferne McCann's boyfriend Arthur Collins Tasered by...
- 08:21 Jimmy Choo on the market amid strategic review
- 08:21 Union warns of impact of Brexit on workers' rights
- 08:21 Lawyers facing tribunal over claims of torture by UK troops
- 08:21 Royal seal of approval for steam engine restored after vandalism
- 08:21 Main road in Cumbria blocked by HGV
- 08:21 Rangers defender James Tavernier points the finger at Don Robertson...
- 08:21 Consultants preparing report on future of 4,000 council houses...
- 08:20 Afghan defence chiefs resign over deadly Taliban attack
- 08:19 Primary school forced to close after travellers arrive on land
- 08:19 Rat alert on duck pond near school
- 08:19 Live: Breaking news and travel from Coventry and Warwickshire on...
- 08:19 Man critical in hospital after being hit on the head by 'falling rock'
- 08:18 EXCLUSIVE: Tories rebel against ‘Ruth tax’ imposed on councillors
- 08:16 Great British banger to be celebrated in style at Cumbrian castle
- 08:16 Incredible images of Northern Lights captured by photographer in...
- 08:16 'Evil' pensioner faces dying in prison for horrific sex offences
- 08:16 Controversial £141m Haydock logistics park plans unveiled
- 08:15 Tories urged to give Scotland control of immigration after Brexit
- 08:15 Piers Morgan CLASHES with UKIP leader Paul Nuttall over Burka Ban:...
- 08:14 Pep Guardiola on Sergio Aguero and David Silva chances of playing...
- 08:13 Rugby4Heroes returns in May
- 08:13 Motoring groups welcome tougher penalties for speeding