Russian parliament approves suspension of plutonium accord with U.S.
The lower house of the Russian parliament on Wednesday approved President Vladimir Putin's decree on suspending a plutonium accord with the United States, Russian news agencies reported.
The agreement was concluded in 2000 and bound the two sides to dispose of surplus plutonium originally intended for use in nuclear weapons.
Agencies said the suspension was approved by 445 of 450 deputies in the State Duma, the lower house of parliament.
(Reporting by Alexander Winning; Writing by Maria Tsvetkova; Editing by Andrew Osborn)
- 08:30 A590 traffic chaos set to last for another week
- 08:30 Tottenham confident of sealing new Toby Alderweireld contract
- 08:29 Sharp rise in 'trolley waits' for hospital beds in England
- 08:29 Patient's six months of 'hell'
- 08:29 Hong Kong stocks edge up before ECB meeting, aided by commodity shares
- 08:29 Ex-Marine serving life for Afghan prisoner’s murder could have...
- 08:29 Security forces in Kazakhstan conduct special operation in Aktobe
- 08:28 Delays on A19 near Tyne Tunnel following crash
- 08:27 Poppy Widdison, 4, death: The moment accused asked mum, 'is she...
- 08:26 OPEC deal will go ahead even if only Russia commits - Nigeria oil...
- 08:26 John Menzies names former DHL executive as head of distribution unit
- 08:26 Football fan arrested for throwing burger at police horse
- 08:26 Missing teenager failed to turn up to meet friends in Nottingham...
- 08:26 Teenager killed himself ‘after being belittled by JobCentre staff’
- 08:26 Missing Clifton woman's car left in Beeston
- 08:26 Premier League heavyweights face January struggle: Star man set for...
- 08:25 We’re not sure if Primark has thought this customisable Christmas...
- 08:25 Someone’s created a new app to help Londoners find the best parties...
- 08:24 Donington ‘eyesore’ set for transformation after planning vote
- 08:23 Patient's six months of 'hell'
- 08:22 Gary Neville sends warning: Jose Mourinho must do this at...
- 08:22 Traffic alert: Vehicle fire forces M1 lane closures near Wakefield
- 08:21 Aircraft carrier HMS Illustrious to make final journey to...
- 08:21 NHS regulator orders crackdown on high payments to temporary bosses
- 08:21 Watchdog fines Lib Dems £20,000 over undeclared general...
- 08:21 Drug firms fined almost £90m after hiking cost of epilepsy drug to...
- 08:21 Letter: Farage is so feared by the elite
- 08:20 Arsenal's Champions League hat-trick hero Lucas Perez has a scent...
- 08:20 Dillian Whyte v Dereck Chisora fight date, time and ticket info......
- 08:19 Italy is not preparing request for ESM loan - Treasury spokesman