Russian missile transfer an aggressive move - Lithuania president
Russia's transfer of nuclear-capable missiles to its western outpost of Kaliningrad this month was an aggressive move against the whole of Europe, Lithuanian President Dalia Grybauskaite said on Tuesday.
The presence of Iskander-M missiles in the Kaliningrad enclave between NATO members Lithuania and Poland means the western military alliance should seek greater security cooperation with non-members Sweden and Finland, she said.
Russia has said the transfer of the missiles was part of routine drills. Some modifications of the Iskander can hit targets 700 km (450 miles) away.
Russia and NATO... read more
- 09:04 Gogglebox star Kate Bottley refused entry to Rock City
- 09:04 Bomb factory flat of Manchester attacker revealed by landlord’s...
- 09:01 Whizzing round town with “Scooter Gran”
- 09:01 Gearing up for Dundee Design Festival
- 09:01 Arsenal v Chelsea predictions: Nine things that will definitely...
- 09:00 Foden hoping Saints skipper Wood avoids further punishment
- 08:58 Manchester City transfer target Kyle Walker decided in Spring that...
- 08:57 Manchester United player Marcus Rashford compared to Gazza by Gary...
- 08:56 The magic of Hogwarts comes to St Mary’s
- 08:55 DR MAX THE MIND DOCTOR: Why I'd ban ALL children from using Instagram
- 08:55 Broadband team heading out on the road in show season
- 08:53 South Yorkshire fire round up: Arsonists torch rubbish bins
- 08:52 Chelsea transfer news LIVE updates: Conte's Lukaku decision, £200m...
- 08:52 Union: KGH staff victims of ‘ludicrous’ £20 parking fees
- 08:52 Transfer News: Man Utd agree deal, Liverpool ready £50m bid,...
- 08:51 New venue making its mark in Tynemouth
- 08:50 Halifax profile: Key marginal whose political future hangs by a thread
- 08:50 Two more arrests in Manchester bomb probe as police raid new address
- 08:50 Fashion matters: Young designers create a brave new world
- 08:49 A1 closed in both directions after multi vehicle crash
- 08:47 5 things to do in the Grimsby area this weekend from Dirty Dancing...
- 08:46 South Yorkshire fire round up: Arsonists torch rubbish bins
- 08:46 Paw-some event in aid of charity
- 08:45 Which motorists have been in Derby's courts?
- 08:45 Pair get on their bikes to support Hospice
- 08:45 Car insurers invests in bigger North Tyneside base
- 08:44 Fashion matters: Young designers create a brave new world
- 08:44 Thunderstorms on way as Cumbria has fun in the sun
- 08:44 Make a Will and help support local charity
- 08:43 Chris Cornell: Friends and family at Soundgarden singer's funeral