Russia ‘long way off’ return to Paralympics
Russian athletes still have a long way to go before they can be readmitted to the Paralympics, the head of the International Paralympic Committee (IPC) said yesterday.
Russia was barred from the recently concluded Paralympics in Rio de Janeiro for alleged state-backed doping. IPC president Philip Craven said the country has to prove it can meet certain readmission criteria that will be conveyed in the coming weeks.
“We want Russia to be back in competition. But there’s a lot of work that will have to be done before that can happen,” Craven said. “We don’t have a deadline.”
The 2018 Winter... read more
- 13:30 Plea to “better off” Sheffield pensioners to donate fuel payments
- 13:29 Renewed appeal by police after woman injured in Morecambe...
- 13:29 North east Derbyshire plane crash ‘unsurvivable’ say investigators
- 13:28 Pizza boxes, crisp bags and light bulbs: here’s what NOT to recycle
- 13:29 Lancashire court listings - Monday, November 20, 2017
- 13:29 Delays on M1 after three vehicle smash
- 13:29 Are you guilty of sending inappropriate emails?
- 13:28 Police warning over cold calls from bogus bailiffs
- 13:29 Police probe into death of Alfreton student continues
- 13:29 UK house price trends: how Preston compares with the rest of the...
- 13:29 Independent shops: how to get ahead on Black Friday
- 13:28 VIDEO: Police raid traveller sites, including one near Harborough,...
- 13:29 63-year-old man abused three girls in Derbyshire
- 13:28 What are the last Christmas posting dates for International Airmail?
- 13:28 WATCH: Banned Royal Mail TV ad ‘too scary’ to be aired
- 13:29 VIDEO: Bad driving in Derbyshire caught on camera
- 13:28 Loud snorers more at risk of developing Alzheimer’s disease says...
- 13:28 Aldi and Lidl recall snacks over allergy fears
- 13:28 Revealed: Top 50 bugbears of motorists from lane hoggers to...
- 13:29 Money saving tips for families ahead of Black Friday
- 13:28 Check your loose change - you could have a 50p worth hundreds in...
- 13:28 Independent Desborough group claims landslide victory in maiden...
- 13:28 Money saving tips for families ahead of Black Friday
- 13:28 US military to create real life Star Trek with ‘invisible’ bombers...
- 13:28 Older people in the Harborough area may be at risk of malnutrition
- 13:28 UPDATE: Driver has serious injuries after Desborough A6 crash
- 13:28 Man indecently exposes himself to 15-year-old girl in Desborough
- 13:28 John's real-time WW1 blog: Seven photographs that together tell a...
- 13:25 I would not be here without the outdoors, says Blackpool mountain...
- 13:25 Test results reveal what’s washing up on Fylde coast beaches