Russia creates terrifying 'death ray' that can FRY enemy drones from less than a mile away using microwaves
Russian officials have unveiled a 'microwave gun' that can disable an unmanned drone and even a missile from up to 0.6 miles (1km) away.
The first sample of the weapons have been revealed following a secretive Russian Defense Ministry exhibition.
The 'death-rays' will be used to target enemy drones and apparently deactivates the radios of UAVs and warheads, causing them to lose control.
HOW THE DEATH-RAY WORKS This type of weapon is known as a directed-energy weapon (DEW), and several have been developed before.
It uses ultra-high frequency impulses to immobilise aircraft electronics.
The... read more
- 10:17 Coventry City takeover bid being considered by Australian...
- 10:17 Denton Street Market is back for the bank holiday
- 10:16 Swiss climber dies after fall, preparing for Mount Everest ascent
- 10:16 ASEAN gives Beijing a pass on South China Sea dispute, cites...
- 10:16 U.S. Marines back in Helmand as Afghanistan 'stalemate' continues
- 10:16 Mum praises vital 'cuddle cots' which gave her precious time with...
- 10:16 Tory lead over Labour falls by 10 points in a week
- 10:15 Non-O blood group 'linked to higher heart attack risk'
- 10:15 In the Saddle: First show... and a first place
- 10:15 13 Reasons Why: Who is Katherine Langford? What is her age, acting...
- 10:13 Liverpool and Chelsea both keen on Serie A star: Goal-scoring...
- 10:13 Man critical after attack in Northumberland town
- 10:13 Would you know what to do if you found a burglar in your home?
- 10:13 Superstar Anthony Joshua calls out Tyson Fury after stopping...
- 10:12 Election success would entitle SNP to hold IndyRef2, poll finds
- 10:10 Britain to bask in glorious sunshine after Bank Holiday wash out
- 10:10 Antonio Conte hails Chelsea’s Diego Costa as the ‘best striker in...
- 10:09 Who starred for Hull City in hard-fought draw at Southampton?
- 10:09 This star is Manchester United's player of the year - Gary Neville
- 10:09 Police concerned for safety of missing teenager Tommy-Lee Jeffrey
- 10:09 Castleford 54 Wigan 4: Michael Shenton shines for Tigers
- 10:08 Taxi driver charged in connection with horror crash in Edinburgh's...
- 10:07 There's a picture of Barry Chuckle and Jay Z watching Joshua vs...
- 10:06 Named and shamed: Who's been in Derbyshire's courts?
- 10:06 Police appeal for witnesses after attack
- 10:05 BBC Children In Need supports key Cumbrian project
- 10:04 Pilot hurt in gyrocopter crash on the edge of Cumbria
- 10:02 What should you do if you think your neighbours are smoking cannabis?
- 10:01 'Two men unconscious' in mass brawl with weapons in Cleethorpes
- 09:59 Teacher says sorry I kicked pupil up the backside - but "it worked"