Rugby hero Paul Van Zandvliet opens up on his battle with cancer
Rugby hero Paul Van Zandvliet is still fighting the cancer that has ravaged his body.
Paul, 50, was diagnosed with an inoperable brain tumour earlier this year and is currently undergoing his fifth course of gruelling chemotherapy.
The former Newcastle Falcons player has vowed to fight the disease and was handed a boost by doctors last month when they told him suspected tumours in his liver and kidneys had not progressed.
Now he is determined to fight on.
He said: “Everything is important to me, I want to do everything while I have the time. My family is great and the kids are great. They... read more
- 18:50 Universities offer to maintain pension benefits while peace talks...
- 18:48 So Festival ‘snub’ for inland communities
- 18:48 Ministry of Sound DJ set to rock Skegness at watersports festival
- 18:48 Tallington Lakes is the place to go for skiing practice
- 18:45 POLL: Will World Cup echo 1936 Berlin Olympics?
- 18:43 Sheffield GPs launch fresh crackdown on people missing doctors...
- 18:42 Jeremy Corbyn sacks Owen Smith for calling for new EU referendum
- 18:42 Raising funds for curlew campaign
- 18:42 Owen Smith sacked from Corbyn’s shadow cabinet after Brexit call
- 18:42 Sleepy world of retail mattress sales gets rude awakening
- 18:40 MP Dan Jarvis to stand for Sheffield City Region mayor
- 18:40 Ministry of Sound DJ set to rock Skegness at watersports festival
- 18:40 Jeremy Corbyn sacks Labour frontbencher over referendum call
- 18:39 Roadworks latest: Where to expect delays on Saturday, March 24,...
- 18:38 Peggy Walford obituary
- 18:38 Two mums on cocaine rammed car into pedestrians and hit them...
- 18:37 Man appears in court over death of former Taggart star John...
- 18:37 Catalan leaders charged with rebellion by Spanish court after...
- 18:37 Hero cop fighting for his life after swapping place with hostage in...
- 18:37 POLL: Will World Cup echo 1936 Berlin Olympics?
- 18:34 Vote Leave chief Dominic Cummings denies Cambridge Analytica links
- 18:34 Ministry of Sound DJ set to rock Skegness at watersports festival
- 18:32 MPs to investigate gender pay gap amid fears scheme falls short
- 18:32 Netherlands v England: international friendly – live!
- 18:31 Holland vs England LIVE: Score updates as Three Lions continue...
- 18:31 COMPETITION: Win stunning once-in-a-lifetime British Superbike prize
- 18:31 Netherland vs England LIVE STREAM: How to watch international...
- 18:30 Owen Smith sacked from Labour party frontbench
- 18:29 78 drivers stopped today were reported for traffic offences by...
- 18:29 YouTube wants to 'frustrate' users with ads so they pay for music