RPT-Wall St Week Ahead-Earnings season begins as White House race heats up
(Repeats Friday story without changes)
By Caroline Valetkevitch
Oct 7 The roughly month-long corporate earnings announcement season that kicks off on Wall Street next week coincides with the final, most intense stretch of the U.S. presidential campaign.
If a particularly strong or weak batch of earnings were to tip the market in one direction, stocks could help determine investors' mood heading into voting booths on Nov. 8.
Strategists in a recent Reuters poll mostly viewed a victory by Democrat Hillary Clinton as more positive for stocks until year end than a win by Republican Donald... read more
- 12:10 The dawn of DHELA
- 12:10 Aerial images show moment Khalid Masood was shot after London...
- 12:08 Chelsea target offers huge transfer update: He wants to play in the...
- 12:08 £10,000 reward to help find stolen jewellery from Burton Green
- 12:08 Trump administration approves Keystone XL pipeline
- 12:08 Swifts to fly high with council help
- 12:08 Meet Lois’s new running partner that has helped her train for a...
- 12:08 Sunderland legend Kevin Phillips unveiled as first star ambassador...
- 12:08 Coronation Street Insider: Sinead suffers heartbreaking miscarriage
- 12:08 Driver who sped through Antwerp shoppers faces terrorism charges
- 12:07 Deadline for voter registration is near for Deepings and Bourne
- 12:07 Bourne woman seriously injured in A15 crash
- 12:06 Europe's financial lifeline from London in doubt
- 12:06 Police search London terrorist attacker’s mum’s house
- 12:06 MPs may face new rules on second jobs
- 12:06 Fishergate bollard sent flying AGAIN
- 12:06 Man impaled through chest in horrific car crash
- 12:06 Falcon wing inspires jets of the future
- 12:06 Profits increase at livestock group
- 12:05 'What you need at that time is what you’re worth': the daily battle...
- 12:05 'One man's acts of violence have no place within any of the faiths'...
- 12:05 Appeal: Police issue image of suspected Harrogate burglar
- 12:04 This single mum is travelling the world with her nine-year-old...
- 12:04 Calling all foodies: Here are 9 mouth-watering UK food festivals...
- 12:04 Strategy launched for thriving games and digital industry in and...
- 12:03 Meet business veteran who's now passing on knowledge to start-ups
- 12:03 Education trust’s full response to critical report by Ofsted...
- 12:03 Drop in number of people using mobiles while driving
- 12:03 France lock Yoann Maestri to face misconduct complaint following...
- 12:03 Arsenal and Bayern Munich fined by UEFA over fans' behaviour during...