Royalty cinema restoration group in talks with Heritage Lottery Fund
The group behind plans to restore the beautiful Royalty Harborne cinema is in talks with the Heritage Lottery Fund to help finance the scheme.
It comes after the council’s conservation advisory panel gave a thumbs up to plans to restore the 1930s built Royalty In Harborne as cinema – a strong indication that Heritage England and the city council will look favourably on a formal planning application.
The Royalty Harborne Trust has already joined forces with a commercial operator on the scheme and drawn up plans showing how three auditoriums can be created and the spaces used to screen movie... read more
- 00:06 Venezuela: Right accelerates plan to oust Maduro
- 00:06 Rail workers to strike over ‘horrendous’ safety threats
- 00:06 Victim of domestic abuse ‘traumatised’ by court appearance
- 00:06 PM’s ‘cunning plan’ laughed at
- 00:06 Protesters call on Britain to ‘have a heart’
- 00:05 Patients must understand options, says Royal College of Surgeons
- 00:04 Teen seduced by his teacher accused of armed raid on home of woman...
- 00:04 David Goodwillie rape accuser was five times the drink-drive limit...
- 00:04 Disappearing Duarte: Where is Veracruz's governor?
- 00:00 Giroud’s return could be pivital to Arsenal’s fortunes
- 00:00 Rome film festival shows what British screens are missing
- 00:00 Loudon clear music and mirth
- 00:00 Breaking the silence
- 00:00 MMA all but outlawed in France due to new fight decree
- 00:00 Glenn calls for England to have psychologists
- 00:00 Burnham: Money ruining the game
- 00:00 Derided by the state today, heroes tomorrow
- 00:00 Unearthing the hypocrisy of the ‘pro-prostitution left’
- 00:00 Privatised transport not fit for purpose
- 00:00 Labour must stand in by-election
- 00:00 Philippines: Duterte gives US troops two years to exit country
- 00:00 Tusk claims hated EU-Canada trade deal still on the cards
- 00:00 Iraq: 1,000 civilians evacuated from Mosul
- 00:00 Rudd urged to avoid same mistakes as Hillsborough
- 00:00 Memorial for last British International Brigader
- 00:00 Drug giants accused of overcharging the NHS
- 23:54 Tesla reports first quarterly profit for three years
- 23:51 Could BUGS replace beef? Why crickets, grasshoppers and worms 'are...
- 23:50 More than 90 migrants believed missing after boat sinks off Libya -...
- 23:49 West Ham and Chelsea fans clash on concourse as tensions boil at...