Royal Mail taking on 500 Christmas staff in the North East
Job-seekers have been given a boost after Royal Mail announced 500 new Christmas posts in the North East. Seasonal workers are being sought to help sort the Christmas post and deal with the increasing amount of online shopping.
They will support Royal Mail's 120,000 permanent postmen and women who sort and deliver the mail throughout the year.
In the Tyneside area, there are about 500 jobs on offer, and they are among 19,000 available nationwide.
Positions are available from November this year until early January 2017, across a variety of shifts.
The peak of the additional temporary work... read more
- 00:20 Wearside care home still in special measures after again being...
- 00:16 This weekend’s local league matches....
- 00:12 Golden day for Berwick fighters with eight European BJJ titles
- 00:07 GTR’s injunction bid living in wonderland
- 00:07 Fishing expedition without a catch
- 00:07 Direction an antidote to medical melodramatics
- 00:07 All together now for Corbyn
- 00:07 IOC demands Tokyo reduce Games costs
- 00:07 Ronaldinho wants to support Chapecoense’s rebuild
- 00:08 Hello there! Chimps can recognise friends with a single glance at...
- 00:07 Formula One: Rosberg calls it quits: ‘I am done’
- 00:08 Iron Man suits, X ray detectors and a fake Facebook and Twitter for...
- 00:07 The Cuban people still need our solidarity
- 00:08 Stackable soccer pitches could bring sport into the city: Radical...
- 00:07 Accessibility for all shouldn’t be this hard
- 00:08 The 'Netflix AI' set to hunt for aliens: Machine learning algorithm...
- 00:07 Labour cannot win the next election with a Ukip agenda
- 00:08 Former Liverpool striker opens up: My warning for Anfield ace Ben...
- 00:08 Watch the world's biggest cities evolve: Google's timelapse reveals...
- 00:07 Do not mourn – organise
- 00:07 Hasta la victoria siempre
- 00:07 United States: Trump promises ‘peace’
- 00:07 Indonesia: 10 arrested for ‘plotting to turn protest to coup’
- 00:07 Labour to cut fares with nationalisation
- 00:07 Tory toff claims he ‘knows what it’s like to be poor’
- 00:07 Lack of clarity on sanctions ‘leads to postcode lottery’
- 00:06 Lib Dems claim Richmond shock is sign of turning tide on Brexit
- 00:04 Money transfer firm WorldRemit eyes new markets, growth
- 00:03 Real Madrid star Cristiano Ronaldo gets in the zone ahead of...
- 00:03 Liverpool under 23s coach Michael Beale set to become Sao Paulo...