Royal Mail 'failing to tackle' fraud
Royal Mail has been accused of failing to crack down on scammers contacting vulnerable people via the postal service.
The Daily Mail says letters sent via bulk mail contracts appear trustworthy as they feature Royal Mail branding on the envelopes.
People are said to have lost money after responding to the fake offers.
Royal Mail says it is illegal for it to open letters, preventing it from stopping fraudulent post deliveries.
The firm said it understood the "upset and disquiet" that scam mail causes the public.
"We have closely examined the list of companies suspected by the... read more
- 15:00 Years-long dream of European exchange ended in half an hour
- 15:00 Jonny Owen says Don't Take Me Home highlights the similarities...
- 14:59 Aaron Ramsey makes huge Arsene Wenger admission: Arsenal players...
- 14:59 Ferrari boss breaks media silence in staggering admission about...
- 14:59 F1 2017 driver helmets: Every new design ahead of the upcoming season
- 14:58 Championship final table predicted by computer: Who will make the...
- 14:58 Nelson filmmaker nominated for national awards
- 14:58 What does ‘free-range’ actually mean? It’s complicated
- 14:58 #IAMGRIMSBY Vote now for your favourite fish and chip shop!
- 14:57 #softcoup: the plot to oust Corbyn (that might not really exist)
- 14:57 First full vegan cafe moving to Birmingham city centre
- 14:57 Liam Payne and pregnant Cheryl celebrate first anniversary
- 14:57 David Walliams moves on from Nightly Show to star in Teletubbies
- 14:57 Birmingham City poll: Who is your favourite loan striker ever to...
- 14:57 The holiday destinations where prices have PLUMMETED
- 14:57 North Wales boxers to square up for Welsh light-heavyweight crown
- 14:56 Call the Midwife's ‘harrowing’ FGM storyline praised by NSPCC for...
- 14:56 Piers Morgan starts on J.K. Rowling AGAIN causing Richard Arnold to...
- 14:56 Concern growing for missing Hull man Clive Reynolds, 73, who needs...
- 14:56 Domino's sex couple Daniella Hirst and Craig Smith say 'we got...
- 14:54 Deal struck over BHS pension scheme
- 14:54 Brighton promotion would be bigger than Newcastle feat, says Hughton
- 14:54 Newcastle's three away games in a week will shape the Championship...
- 14:53 Cumbrian teen's an online hit
- 14:53 NHS cuts: Harrogate student with coeliac struggles to afford...
- 14:53 I don’t want you in my life if you busk on public transport
- 14:52 Police release e-fit of suspect in Hartlepool girl Katrice Lee's...
- 14:51 Woman assaulted in broad daylight near Grimsby footbridge
- 14:51 PSA unveils new DS7 Crossback sport utility vehicle
- 14:51 Free-range eggs become ‘barn eggs’ following bird flu