Royal Mail 'failing to tackle' fraud
Royal Mail has been accused of failing to crack down on scammers contacting vulnerable people via the postal service.
The Daily Mail says letters sent via bulk mail contracts appear trustworthy as they feature Royal Mail branding on the envelopes.
People are said to have lost money after responding to the fake offers.
Royal Mail says it is illegal for it to open letters, preventing it from stopping fraudulent post deliveries.
The firm said it understood the "upset and disquiet" that scam mail causes the public.
"We have closely examined the list of companies suspected by the... read more
- 12:54 Which Premier League team has scored the most late goals this season?
- 12:54 Watch the ‘punch’ that could land this Premier League player a...
- 12:54 Guillem Balague provides major Antoine Griezmann update: Man United...
- 12:54 The Big Bang Theory’s Jim Parsons has some advice for the Sheldon...
- 12:54 Chelsea trio visit Hull star Ryan Mason in hospital after he...
- 12:54 Derby expert says 'hard Brexit' will mean more firms going bust
- 12:53 Futures fall on Trump's protectionist address
- 12:53 Market Rasen and Louth RFC whitewash Old Scouts
- 12:53 Rape ruling footballer David Robertson retires from the sport
- 12:52 Boozed-up man is ordered to pay £613 after abusing police officer
- 12:52 Pound eyes $1.25 as traders bet British government to lose Brexit case
- 12:51 Did you see schoolboy, 14, being hit in the face in Stafford?
- 12:51 Rafael Nadal battles past Gael Monfils to set up Australian Open...
- 12:51 Crash on Bay Gateway junction
- 12:50 Pound hits one-month HIGH against dollar investors 'lose patience'...
- 12:50 How happy are people in your part of Derbyshire?
- 12:50 Shkodran Mustafi: Why I knew Arsenal would score a late winner...
- 12:49 See how many people were caught driving and using a mobile phone in...
- 12:49 Oak helps HAPPA celebrate 80th anniversary
- 12:49 Body in the canal may be from Burnley
- 12:49 GOTCHA: Russia obliterates ISIS targets in Syria as second massive...
- 12:48 Lancashire Police crackdown on mobile phone use behind the wheel
- 12:48 Lloyds cyber-attack details emerge
- 12:48 Body in the canal may be from Burnley
- 12:48 Blood donor who is scared of needles encourages people to save lives
- 12:48 Stuck for somewhere to park in Lincoln? A 200-space park and ride...
- 12:48 Rafael Nadal sets up quarter-final clash with Milos Raonic
- 12:47 Can I date a guy shorter than me? Of course! Here’s why it’s the best
- 12:47 Most German companies expect little to no impact from Brexit - poll
- 12:47 Gritters head out in Derbyshire with freezing temperatures expected...