Royal Liver Building in Liverpool up for sale
A For Sale sign has been hoisted outside Liverpool's landmark Royal Liver Building, which houses the likes of ITV and HSBC.
The Grade I listed property, which is home to the two famous Liver Birds that watch over the city and the sea, is owned by Royal London Mutual Insurance Society and is expected to fetch in the region of £40 million.
The building makes up one of the city's "three graces", along with the Cunard Building and Port of Liverpool Building.
The property extends to more than 330,000 sq ft of office and events space, and is also occupied by Princes Foods, Mott... read more
- 14:54 Brighton promotion would be bigger than Newcastle feat, says Hughton
- 14:54 Newcastle's three away games in a week will shape the Championship...
- 14:53 Cumbrian teen's an online hit
- 14:53 NHS cuts: Harrogate student with coeliac struggles to afford...
- 14:53 I don’t want you in my life if you busk on public transport
- 14:52 Police release e-fit of suspect in Hartlepool girl Katrice Lee's...
- 14:51 Woman assaulted in broad daylight near Grimsby footbridge
- 14:51 PSA unveils new DS7 Crossback sport utility vehicle
- 14:51 Free-range eggs become ‘barn eggs’ following bird flu
- 14:51 UK insurer Aviva to take 385 million pounds charge after discount...
- 14:51 Rise in people being arrested in Northamptonshire for downloading...
- 14:50 Travel chaos: Birmingham Airport passengers to face WEEKS of...
- 14:50 Chelsea legend John Terry named ‘most loyal’ player in the...
- 14:50 Zinedine Zidane hits back after constant questions about Alvaro...
- 14:50 Massimiliano Allegri tells friends he’s leaving Juventus for Arsenal
- 14:50 Philip Green agrees to pay £363m into BHS pension fund
- 14:50 Simon Says 2017 festival line up announced
- 14:49 Rapist ripped woman’s face from her skull during horrific attack
- 14:48 Chairman Judy hosts gala night of Bourne talent
- 14:48 Bridge open to traffic again – but another closure announced
- 14:48 Woodseats nursery celebrates outstanding Ofsted
- 14:48 Grieving relatives of the Tunisia attack to sue tour operator
- 14:48 Wasps hit record £17m turnover in latest accounts - but still make...
- 14:47 Rangi Chase: Castleford drop star and launch internal investigation
- 14:47 Philip Green ‘pays out £363m’ to pensioners at collapsed BHS
- 14:47 Which new venues have been nominated in the Nottinghamshire Food...
- 14:46 Juventus boss Massimo Allegri has revealed he will be the next...
- 14:46 Wonder Woman news: Gal Gadot cosies up to Patty Jenkins as she...
- 14:46 MP branches out to launch plan to keep Valley green and flood free
- 14:46 RSNO to perform Indiana Jones score at Edinburgh film festival