Rory McIlroy keen to repay Darren Clarke for his 10th birthday surprise
Seventeen years after his 10th birthday present turned into a starstruck first meeting with Darren Clarke, Rory McIlroy is desperate to ensure Europe's Ryder Cup captain leaves Hazeltine with equally happy memories.
McIlroy will make his fourth Ryder Cup appearance on the back of a dramatic play-off victory in the Tour Championship in Atlanta on Sunday, which also secured the overall FedEx Cup title and £8.8million payday.
And after quickly regretting labelling the biennial contest "an exhibition" before his debut at Celtic Manor in 2010, the four-time major winner is especially... read more
- 01:47 Cases of cancer in elderly to surge by 2035, report says
- 01:40 Youngsters clean for the Queen’s 90th
- 01:37 Bella Hadid looks every inch the trendsetter as she takes to the...
- 01:37 Sir Lenny Henry continues to display his dramatic weight loss at...
- 01:37 Love Island's Dr. Alex FINALLY gets the girl as 'emotional' fans...
- 01:37 Love Island: Laura, 29, tells 'childish' partner Wes, 20, to 'grow...
- 01:37 Brooklyn Beckham grapples with his camera as aspiring photographer,...
- 01:37 Ant McPartlin and his estranged wife Lisa Armstrong 'had an...
- 01:34 Ant McPartlin's new romance leaves Lisa Armstrong's parents worried...
- 01:27 Tech sector boom delivers £3.9 billion boost to economy
- 01:20 Dark rumours in Westminster over Tory whips’ behaviour
- 01:11 Where can UK students study for free?
- 01:04 US envoy Nikki Haley berates human rights groups
- 01:03 'Should I stay or should I go now?'
- 01:02 No sign of North Korea dismantling nuclear weapons, Mattis admits
- 01:02 Leicester City heap more misery on Huddersfield Town
- 00:59 in-Cumbria Business Breakfast hears county must gear up for...
- 00:59 Kestrel chick makes lucky escape
- 00:59 Millom mayor hosting meeting for public pool
- 00:58 Anne McIntosh: Division at G7 casts shadow over trade and Brexit
- 00:58 Jayne Dowle: Cannabis may be a cure but drugs culture is a sickness
- 00:58 Diana Johnson: Grayling’s rail farce isn’t funny, he must quit now
- 00:58 The Yorkshire Post says: Mobile menaces. Should schools ban phones?
- 00:53 Meghan Markle leads Royals at Ascot - in pictures
- 00:52 Donald Trump Minnesota rally LIVE: President BLASTS US immigration...
- 00:50 Too many firsts risk universities' credibility, says think tank
- 00:49 'Occupy Ice': activists blockade Portland building over family...
- 00:46 Bungled robbery "ended in murder"
- 00:46 Tributes paid to RAF war hero
- 00:46 Exit slip road closed at Ferrybridge Services on M62