Ronnie Coulter GUILTY of killing waiter Surjit Singh Chhokar in 1998
RONNIE Coulter has been found guilty of the murder of restaurant worker Surjit Singh Chhokar in 1998.
The 48-year-old, from Wishaw , was given the verdict following a four week trial at the High Court in Glasgow - bringing an end to 18 years of justice.
Coulter denied killing Chhokar, 32, in Garrion Street, Overtown, North Lanarkshire on November 4, 1998 by stabbing him.
The jury heard that Chhokar was stabbed three times - the fatal wound went straight through his heart - and he died of massive blood loss.
CALLUM MOFFAT 2014 Coulter blamed his nephew Andrew Coulter and another man, David... read more
- 15:03 Sunderland school sets pupils on path to employment
- 15:02 Why Mohamed Salah is already the best finisher at Liverpool FC
- 15:02 'I didn't intend to kill him' says man accused of murdering David...
- 15:02 What I want my eldest child to know before he starts high school
- 15:02 Paolo Nutini to play Paisley Abbey to support town's City of...
- 15:01 When does Wimbledon 2017 start, when is the draw, order of play...
- 15:01 South Yorkshire students celebrate outstanding achievements
- 15:01 US STOCKS-Wall St boosted by tech stocks, rebound in oil prices
- 15:01 Former Brazilian finance minister Palocci to 12 years in prison
- 15:01 British folklore and fairy tales ‘dying out’
- 15:01 Eyewitness describes moment bomb disposal experts pulled up on his...
- 15:00 Ex-Bayern Munich goalkeeper joins Hartlepool United
- 15:00 Chance to vote for film to be screened at Hartlepool Waterfront...
- 14:59 VIDEO: Neighbour speaks of shock after man’s death on a Stanley...
- 14:59 RAF reserve Leeds nurse who helped saved motorway bridge fall man's...
- 14:59 One in five Brits would rather date a pet owner
- 14:59 Normanton schoolgirl Erin Connell impresses Pixie Lott on The Voice...
- 14:59 Oldest part of city set for a revamp
- 14:59 Tom Hardy poses for selfies at Nuneaton garage
- 14:59 Arsenal swapping Alexis Sanchez for Sergio Aguero won't be a good...
- 14:58 Patients relying on crowdfunding to buy wheelchairs, doctor warns
- 14:58 Happy birthday Bridlington library
- 14:58 Coach park move is one step closer
- 14:57 Where can I buy a Corbyn 'Nike' t-shirt that took Glastonbury by...
- 14:57 Man to appear in crown court charged with attacking police
- 14:57 Good bye Robin Hood, Nessy and King Arthur? British folklore and...
- 14:57 Patients relying on crowdfunding to buy wheelchairs, doctor warns
- 14:56 Fake ID used in bid to buy Rolex watch
- 14:56 New pathway will help cyclists and walkers to avoid busy town roads
- 14:55 Congo finds 10 more mass graves in insurgency-hit Kasai region