Ronaldo was butchered in the Manchester United dressing room, reveals Gary Neville
Gary Neville claims Cristiano Ronaldo was ‘butchered and battered’ for three years after he arrived at Manchester United.
Ronaldo moved to Old Trafford as an 18-year-old in 2003 and went on to win three Premier League titles and the Champions League during his six seasons at the club.
But Neville admits the Real Madrid star did not join United with the right mentality and says ‘smoothing out’ the forward’s flaws took some time.
‘He didn’t arrive at Manchester United as someone who was setting the tone for everybody else. It wasn’t a case of he came in and all of a sudden everyone else upped... read more
- 16:19 Development company selling home it bought from CEO
- 16:19 Tall Ships Races 2018: The 55 ships taking part in this year’s...
- 16:18 Raising a glass to Baroness Bacon: Ale goes on tap in Parliament to...
- 16:18 Are you guilty of Gatsbying?
- 16:17 Axel Tuanzebe and Aston Villa: What next for the Manchester United...
- 16:17 'Announce Yacob new contract' - West Brom fans react to departing trio
- 16:17 Syria war: War crimes committed in Eastern Ghouta battle - UN
- 16:17 Celebs Go Dating wants Brummie singles to feature in new series
- 16:17 Residents won't use "hopeless" bus services in Solihull, warning
- 16:17 Tenancy fraud cases cost Solihull Council more than £1.5m
- 16:17 Pub's strict new rules for England game after rowdy fans cause mayhem
- 16:16 Sheffield tech hub full after 400 move in
- 16:15 WWE legend Vader dies aged 63
- 16:15 Art prize for Eyemouth High pupil
- 16:14 Council at cutting edge as verge works start
- 16:14 Labour looks for community organiser in Northumberland
- 16:14 Development company selling home it bought from CEO
- 16:14 Time passes more slowly for flies, study finds
- 16:13 Empty 'ghost' school costing Liverpool taxpayers £12,000 a DAY -...
- 16:13 Police who saved drug dealer from sinking car to receive bravery award
- 16:13 Police confirm death of Burnley road traffic accident victim
- 16:13 Lottery winners announced in Padiham
- 16:12 Upmarket restaurant chain Prescott and Conran collapses into...
- 16:11 Should you give money to street beggars? What police and charities say
- 16:11 Rafael Nadal: World No 2 suffers Wimbledon injury scare - WATCH
- 16:11 Why roads will not be closed in Leeds tomorrow for national Clean...
- 16:11 Marketing firm Anicca thriving - despite Leicester City Council...
- 16:10 Hull's holiday home market booms as Willerby on track for record year
- 16:10 Live as police search third house in Orchard Park murder investigation
- 16:10 Project to improve the Greenway from Rushden Lakes to Rushden town...