Romeo sex blackmailer is jailed: How to stay safe online
A WARNING has been sounded by police on the importance of staying safe on social media after a Scunthorpe teenager was blackmailed by a man she had met online.
Mortuz Ali, 26, has started a two-and-a-half-year prison sentence after admitting demanding £300 from his victim – who was 17 years old when they started exchanging messages – to stop him sharing indecent images which he had persuaded her to send him.
Read the full shocking details of the case.
Speaking after Ali was jailed for the offence of blackmail, DC Sarah Petrow, of Humberside Police's protecting vulnerable people unit, said:... read more
- 10:17 Embers from coal burner thought to have started a blaze in wooden...
- 10:16 Helicopter manhunt as 'high risk' girl, 13, goes missing
- 10:16 Five firefighters called as shoppers trapped in Lincoln High Street...
- 10:14 Grantham’s very own big band is a treat for a packed arts centre
- 10:14 Transfer News: Chelsea's Milan raid, Fabregas to Arsenal shock, Man...
- 10:12 Children’s charity in Skegness calls for support
- 10:11 Police release photo of Mackworth murder victim Geoff Seggie as...
- 10:11 Nostalgia: Donington Rovers edge seven-goal final
- 10:11 Report reveals where in the UK over 50s struggle most to get a GP...
- 10:09 FEATURE: Case studies of exotic pets rescued by Ark Wildlife Park
- 10:09 Donna Nook seal count begins to drop as they make their way back to...
- 10:05 WhatsApp will soon stop working on millions of phones, is yours one...
- 10:05 We're Going on a Bear Hunt will be on Channel 4 this Christmas
- 10:05 Stoke City 2, Burnley 0: Player ratings from tasty win over Clarets
- 10:05 LIVE: A50 Waterloo Road closed in both directions after three...
- 10:05 Eden Hazard reveals the ‘big change’ that Diego Costa has made at...
- 10:04 School playground to be transformed after winning Lottery bid
- 10:03 Update: Horses loose on the A17 at Heckington - owner is found
- 09:59 Missing 'high risk' 13-year-old girl found after helicopter search
- 09:58 Witnesses sought after 'deliberate' Ribchester barn fire
- 09:56 General Tso's Chicken creator dies in Taiwan aged 98
- 09:56 Apple admits self-driving car plans
- 09:54 France's Left starts fightback after Hollande bows out of...
- 09:51 Hull City news and rumours LIVE: Tigers ready for Middlesbrough...
- 09:51 Man awaiting sentence after pinning partner against wall
- 09:48 Female suicide bomber uses children as decoy before blowing herself up
- 09:45 Missing out on West Ham tie in FA Cup was the biggest regret of my...
- 09:44 Hospital theft sparks police probe
- 09:43 Part of Carlisle on lockdown following incident
- 09:43 Manhunt continues in Carlisle following armed police incident