Romelu Lukaku booed by his own fans after his terrible miss for Belgium
Romelu Lukaku was booed by Belgium fans after he missed a sitter in the 4-0 victory over Bosnia-Herzegovina on Friday night.
The Everton striker spurned a glorious chance in the second half as Yannick Carrasco squared the ball across the box. But from six yards out and the goal practically open, Lukaku completely missed the target.
At the time of his miss, Belgium were already three ahead following Emir Spahic’s own goal, plus strikes from Toby Alderweireld and Eden Hazard.
But the Belgium fans began to turn on Lukaku after he squandered his effort.
Lukaku did atone for his mistake by... read more
- 15:48 Police seeking this man following Chesterfield football disturbance
- 15:46 Ensuring a lasting legacy for Nick with Foundation
- 15:45 PM Theresa May denies responsibility for changes to hospital...
- 15:44 Donation to help dementia patients
- 15:43 Battered chip shacks of Brussels in taste tussle
- 15:42 Roy Nelson hopes Bellator will make things right after London...
- 15:42 Unai Emery wants Arsenal to adopt a ‘very intensive pressing...
- 15:41 Suicidal mom killed herself and murdered son, 8, by pulling him...
- 15:41 Donation to help dementia patients
- 15:40 Iain Duncan Smith had 'issues' with Troubled Families scheme
- 15:37 What was in the royal wedding gift bags that are being sold for...
- 15:35 Turkish lira plummets against dollar
- 15:32 Hamburg becomes first German city to ban older diesel cars
- 15:31 First look at Dundee V&A's waterfront restaurant and cafe
- 15:30 VIDEO: What is it like to ride the new ICON rollercoaster at...
- 15:29 Credit card use by Northants County Council questioned by auditors
- 15:29 Criminals involved in weapons offences rarely get jail terms of...
- 15:29 Man arrested on suspicion of murder following 'unexplained' death
- 15:28 Unai Emery sends message to Mesut Ozil over his role at Arsenal
- 15:28 RUMOUR MILL: Liverpool want to sign Barcelona star Dembele
- 15:28 Not So Health-Conscious Britain: Survey Finds Nearly Half Of East...
- 15:27 Facebook is asking for your naked photos - to stop revenge porn
- 15:27 Doncaster man Tony Lister had opportunity of a lifetime to play his...
- 15:26 Jordan Peterson may be a ‘public intellectual’, but his latest...
- 15:26 Credit card use by Northants County Council questioned by auditors
- 15:26 Mum horrified after daughter’s shoes were taped onto her feet by...
- 15:24 Sheffield murder victim named
- 15:24 Wigan man runs 5k for 500 days in a row
- 15:24 Mansfield dad leapt out of van and punched teen boy in the mouth
- 15:23 Lions, tigers and bears: 11 of the best wildlife experiences in...