Rolls-Royce cuts 800 more jobs from its marine division
Rolls-Royce is to cut 800 more posts from its marine division, after announcing 1,000 job cuts last year.
The firm, which depends on oil and gas-related customers for much of its marine business, blamed the weakness in the energy sector for the cuts.
Rolls-Royce said the job losses would be made from mid-2017 in an effort to make savings of between £45m and £50m.
The marine business employs about 4,800 people in 34 countries, including about 400 people in the UK.
Of the UK workers, half are based in Bristol and the remainder are in offices in the Midlands and a manufacturing site in... read more
- 12:30 Give us a break! North west men sneak more leisure time
- 12:30 Vaping banned in restaurants, bars and offices in New York
- 12:29 Greg Rutherford returns to defend his Commonwealth gold medal as...
- 12:30 VIDEO: Relaunched charity shop brings quality goods to South Yorkshire
- 12:29 Record-breaking try-scorer Julian Savea will line up AGAINST the...
- 12:29 Try this simple technique to help you fall asleep in 60 seconds
- 12:29 Aldi to stock special drinks range for Hallowe’en
- 12:29 M&S is looking for more than 100 Christmas staff in Newcastle
- 12:29 More than 5,600 IS foreign fighters have returned home - report
- 12:28 Man City youngster Oleksandr Zinchenko opens up about his future
- 12:28 Aldi to stock special drinks range for Hallowe’en
- 12:27 Unity Works ‘not in a position’ to pay refunds
- 12:26 VIDEO: Relaunched charity shop brings quality goods to South Yorkshire
- 12:25 Dr Martens boosted by rising full-year sales and profits after Asia...
- 12:25 Awkward moment Ben Shephard grills Davood Ghadami over Strictly...
- 12:25 Louise Redknapp ‘house-hunting’ in London with new BFF Daisy Lowe
- 12:24 How record signing Matej Vydra has emerged from the shadows at...
- 12:24 Toback: 200 more women contact LA Times about harassment
- 12:24 MP says local taxpayers should not pay to police national fracking...
- 12:24 Kelly Clarkson: 'When I was really skinny I wanted to kill myself'
- 12:24 Halloween in The Octagon shopping centre in Burton this half term
- 12:23 Burton Albion players to raise money for Children in Need with...
- 12:23 Why armed police officers are also 999 life-savers
- 12:23 Lincolnshire has second biggest pothole problem in East Midlands
- 12:21 Fantastic! Poppy Prom tops £40,000 to support our war veterans
- 12:20 £300k investment in Chester car dealership site
- 12:20 Train fire caused disruption between Chester and Crewe
- 12:20 Budding Barra footballer makes 320-mile round-trip to mainland for...
- 12:20 Hundreds of jobs up for grabs in and around Derbyshire
- 12:20 Man City vs Wolves: Guardiola's dilemma; Nuno's positive approach;...