Rogue alligator spotted in Ashby Canal - but all is not what it seems
Snaps of a rogue alligator roaming Ashby Canal have caused a stir on Facebook, leaving people confused
On Sunday, the Ashby Boat Company posted photographs of a giant reptile, which it claimed was basking by the bank of a north west Leicestershire watercourse.
A day later, the business uploaded a second picture showing the full-grown crocodilian cruising along Ashby Canal, allegedly near Snarestone.
The images hooked hundreds of people who left comments and shared the posts on Facebook - and there was a clear distinction between those who believed the wild claims and those who didn't.
Of... read more
- 10:53 A 'reward card scheme' proposed for good Birmingham citizens who...
- 10:53 Prince Harry asks William to be Best Man at Meghan Markle wedding
- 10:53 Should you date your best friend? These people say it’s the best...
- 10:53 New chair for Sellafield Ltd announced
- 10:53 Appeal to find man, 88, last seen at Killingworth Shopping Centre
- 10:52 Street marshals bolster police teams keeping revellers safe in...
- 10:51 Why Tube users are speaking up about invisible illnesses
- 10:51 In this week’s Herald . . .
- 10:51 Local solar energy project aims to give back to the community, as...
- 10:50 Street marshals bolster police teams keeping revellers safe in...
- 10:50 Police: Appeal to help find Prestwich man wanted on recall to prison
- 10:50 Burglaries at primary schools in Radcliffe and Little Lever
- 10:49 Helping Scarborough teenagers make a choice
- 10:49 Ribble Valley young talent perform at Blackburn Rovers game
- 10:48 Campaign of witness intimidation
- 10:47 CCTV released following attempted theft from B&Q
- 10:47 BBC pays out hardship money to 15 presenters embroiled in tax row
- 10:47 Fancy living in this Tolkien-style gentleman’s retreat in the North...
- 10:47 Humberside - the county no one loved
- 10:47 Street marshals bolster police teams keeping revellers safe in...
- 10:47 William to be best man at royal wedding
- 10:46 Three crashes lead to traffic chaos between Wellingborough and Rushden
- 10:46 Roy Keane tells Mohamed Salah what he must do to reach Lionel Messi...
- 10:46 Street marshals bolster police teams keeping revellers safe in...
- 10:45 Keir Starmer hits back at McCluskey in Labour antisemitism row
- 10:45 Gardening: 5 of the best barbecues
- 10:45 HARRY PRATT COLUMN: Why every England fan MUST support Arsene...
- 10:45 Liverpool would make Real Madrid’s stars HATE football – Pat Nevin
- 10:44 Three crashes lead to traffic chaos between Wellingborough and Rushden
- 10:44 Prince Harry asks Prince William to be best man for wedding to...