Roger Federer: What Rafael Nadal must do at Mexico Open to close in on world No 1
The Spaniard lost his world No 1 ranking to his rival while he was out injured.
Federer clinched his 20th Grand Slam in Melbourne last month before becoming the oldest man in ATP history to hold the top seed when he beat Robin Hasse at the Rotterdam Open two weeks ago.
It has been a whirlwind 12 months for Federer having returned from a spout of back injury problems to clinch three of the last five Grand Slams.
However, by the end of 2017 the year belonged to Nadal who finished the season at No 1 for the fourth time in his career.
The 31-year-old had to pull out of the Australian Open due... read more
- 13:53 Real Madrid news LIVE updates: Man Utd to hijack Neymar transfer;...
- 13:53 Roger Federer schedule: Sky Sports pundit explains ‘clever’ tactics
- 13:53 Man Utd news: Cristiano Ronaldo reveals Old Trafford memories in...
- 13:53 Manchester United Player Ratings: How did Lingard, Matic and co...
- 13:50 Flood warning ahead of high tide
- 13:50 Steve Hansen adamant he 'won't be coaching England' if he ever...
- 13:50 Everton striker Cenk Tosun heaps praise on Duncan Ferguson after...
- 13:50 Roads are open but conditions are still hazardous
- 13:49 Young girl critically injured following south Cumbria crash
- 13:47 We’re all going to need a giant unicorn sprinkler come summer*
- 13:47 What is catfishing and how can you spot it?
- 13:42 WEEKEND WEB: Uncovering history from the depths of the sea
- 13:42 Trump accuses Andrew McCabe of producing 'fake memos' of meetings
- 13:40 Roads are open but roads are still hazardous
- 13:39 Lady Dean of Thornton-le-Fylde obituary
- 13:36 First woman appointed in role at RAF Wittering
- 13:36 Roger Federer: Fitness concern revealed for Swiss legend ahead of...
- 13:35 Council slammed for ‘victim-blaming’ poster which suggests women...
- 13:35 Couple who claimed food poisoning at holiday resort caught out by...
- 13:32 Sunderland 0-2 Preston North End: Five things we learned
- 13:32 Pub bombings campaigner to speak at huge football supporter demo in...
- 13:31 SNOW UPDATE: Bus services still disrupted in Doncaster
- 13:30 Nintendo Switch games shock as new Pokemon news is revealed
- 13:30 Fortnite update: Jet pack release date could bring THIS big change...
- 13:30 Pensioners who wanted to pimp their zimmer frames had their wishes...
- 13:28 'Homer Simpson' pulled over by police in Milton Keynes
- 13:27 Jessie Wallace speaks of nerves ahead of return to EastEnders
- 13:26 Good news for little Kian Musgrove as scans reveal that his cancer...
- 13:25 Salisbury attack: How much of the UK's gas comes from Russia?
- 13:25 Barcelona news LIVE updates: Team vs Athletic Bilbao; Luis Suarez &...