Rod Stewart makes donation to fund set up after Ranger's fan died in bus crash
SINGER Rod Stewart has donated cash to a fund set up after a Rangers fan died in a bus crash at the weekend.
The music star - a Celtic supporter - contributed to the fundraising drive in memory of Ryan Baird after getting in touch with former Rangers captain Richard Gough.
Mr Baird, 39, died after the Nith Valley loyal Rangers supporters' club bus he was travelling on crashed at Crossroads roundabout on the A76 near to Kilmarnock on Saturday.
The fans were travelling to see Rangers play Partick Thistle at Ibrox Stadium when the accident happened at about 1.15pm.
Mr Gough told the Evening... read more
- 11:34 Britain is leaving the EU, but should Brexit-hit investors go the...
- 11:33 Warning over Tesco voucher scam as thousands fall for crafty hoax
- 11:32 More than 400 properties empty in the Harborough district
- 11:32 It’s a Knockout fun day for inspirational Amelie
- 11:31 Family’s lucky escape as overturning car demolishes wall at...
- 11:31 Paedophile breached order by talking to boy, nine, in Chorley
- 11:31 Firefighters battle house blaze in Hartlepool
- 11:30 David Duckenfield and Norman Bettison among six people charged over...
- 11:29 Eyeing election, Russia's Putin stages visit to voter's rundown home
- 11:29 Liverpool pre-season tour: Fixtures, teams, dates, stadiums revealed
- 11:29 ‘Man Utd have signed Ethan Galbraith’: Irish FA make announcement...
- 11:29 Government invests £340,000 to remodel Harrogate A&E department
- 11:29 Chairman of Eskdale Festival ‘excited’ for next year
- 11:28 Birmingham City Council to launch energy company to take on 'failed...
- 11:28 Chance to buy a house for £2 as family opts for unconventional...
- 11:28 Double award win for Hallam architecture graduate
- 11:28 Sheffield secondary awarded national teaching school status
- 11:27 BREAKING NEWS: Relief for Hillsborough families as six are charged...
- 11:27 Angela Merkel tightens grip on power according to new poll
- 11:27 Government invests £340,000 to remodel Harrogate A&E department
- 11:26 Hillsborough commander David Duckenfield charged with 95 counts...
- 11:25 Here are 11 things you won’t miss about Tinder
- 11:26 Sheffield secondary awarded national teaching school status
- 11:26 Care crisis putting lives of elderly in danger, says MP
- 11:25 Why this Twitter thread on dating insecure boys is dangerous
- 11:25 Notts County owner Alan Hardy scores more success in his business
- 11:24 Jack Wilshere will be offered new Arsenal contract, says ex-Gunner...
- 11:24 Nearly half of Brits think that tax should be increased
- 11:24 The death of Simon Brown
- 11:23 Liverpool Transfer News: Keita hammer blow, Sakho to exit despite...