Rocket from Gaza Strip hits Israeli border town - police
A rocket fired from the Gaza Strip hit the Israeli border town of Sderot on Wednesday, causing no casualties, police said.
Militants in the Gaza Strip last fired a rocket into Israel on Aug. 21 in an incident that also caused no casualties and drew an Israeli air strike and tank shelling.
Israel has a declared policy of responding militarily to any attack from the enclave.
There was no immediate claim of responsibility for Wednesday's attack, which triggered warning sirens in the town. The rocket struck an open area and no one was hurt, police spokesman Micky Rosenfeld said on Twitter.... read more
- 13:13 Dunkirk veteran raises almost £2k by playing his pipes
- 13:12 The Black Sea's 'dead zone': Explorers accidentally find a...
- 13:12 Your brain on cannabis: 3D image provides the clearest picture yet...
- 13:12 Only a week left for Melton parents to apply for secondary school...
- 13:12 Pacific islanders may carry the DNA of an unknown human species:...
- 13:12 Melton and District Flower Club triumph with their winter...
- 13:11 Oswestry Co-op store robbed at knifepoint
- 13:11 Inspirational Sheffield headteacher retires after 32 years
- 13:11 Top award for Sheffield worker who cared for dying patient
- 13:10 How you can get your hands on a piece of Great North Snowdogs history
- 13:10 Denise Welch blasts airline for 'tired pilot' drama which ruined...
- 13:10 Hundreds of cannabis plants seized by police from industrial unit...
- 13:09 A grand day out
- 13:09 Time Warner CEO says only AT&T approached with offer
- 13:09 What would happen if a nuclear bomb hit Grimsby?
- 13:09 Tax officials withdraw petition to wind up Notts County
- 13:08 Police called to play centre after furious mum screams at staff in...
- 13:08 Clitheroe police release CCTV image after stolen bank card is used...
- 13:07 Comedy review: Gary, Tank Commander - Mission Quite Possible
- 13:07 Dance review: Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater
- 13:07 Edgeworth sinks Town with stoppage-time winner
- 13:07 Theatre reviews: Grain in the Blood | One Thinks Of It All As A...
- 13:07 Spain, data lead Europe higher after breakthrough for PM Rajoy
- 13:06 Will you help netball club gain vital funds?
- 13:06 Mother jailed after young children found in filthy Long Eaton house...
- 13:06 Six people hurt in head-on collision near Leamington
- 13:06 Nottingham Forest LIVE - Leeds United U23 vs Reds U23
- 13:06 Cyclist injured after crash with car at Goose Fair island
- 13:05 Sadomasochist was interrupted while strangling Scottish cop Gordon...
- 13:05 Court rules against Christian bake shop owners over gay cake