Rochdale NHS con artist couple must repay £180k
Two NHS managers who masterminded a £1m fraud have been ordered to repay more than £180,000 to the health service.
John Leigh, 56, and Deborah Hancox, 46, channelled the cash into false companies they set up while working for the former North West Strategic Health Authority.
The used the money to lead luxury lifestyles, buying a cottage in the Lake District and a Jaguar convertible.
The couple have been ordered to repay a total of £184,930.
Leigh, who worked in IT, and Hancox, who helped train doctors, were jailed for three years eight months and two years respectively in 2014 after... read more
- 14:33 Deciding if Salah deserves PFA award ahead of De Bruyne is nigh...
- 14:32 Obam Stairlifts welcomes new team members
- 14:32 Caught on camera... can you help the police
- 14:32 No frills over 40? Why you should ignore age-based fashion rules
- 14:31 Science quiz – test your knowledge
- 14:31 BREAKING: Duchess of Cambridge gives birth to baby boy
- 14:30 How Burton Albion learned lessons from their own late setbacks to...
- 14:28 Wigan man breached his community order
- 14:28 Slow internet speeds affect most of Wigan council premises
- 14:28 BREAKING: Duchess of Cambridge gives birth to baby boy
- 14:28 Victim treated for burns at scene of car fire
- 14:28 Police probe suspected arson attack
- 14:27 Police looking for wanted man with Rugby links
- 14:27 Police called in after man's body found at Doncaster hospital
- 14:26 Final year students offered free advice on preparing for work from...
- 14:26 Plans revealed for Queen Victoria statue in Victoria Square
- 14:26 Growth will be key to housing numbers in Northumberland
- 14:25 SLIDESHOW: Stoke City v Burnley fans' gallery
- 14:25 10 of the best burger joints in Yorkshire
- 14:25 Long-running Beverley Folk Festival cancelled
- 14:25 Police probe suspected arson attack
- 14:24 BREAKING: Duchess of Cambridge gives birth to baby boy
- 14:23 Fears for city’s isolated after end of £6m loneliness project
- 14:23 Ore Oduba and Vicky Pattison among well wishers as Duchess of...
- 14:22 Panel to consider plans to knock down Whitefield pub to make way...
- 14:22 Three bicycles and alcohol stolen from Derbyshire garage
- 14:22 The winners and losers on the opening day of the Derbyshire Premier...
- 14:21 Album Reviews Creativity born of activism
- 14:20 Cyclist hurt in St Annes after 'car door is opened in his path'
- 14:19 Three bicycles and alcohol stolen from Derbyshire garage