Robots will take over and eventually kill us all, terrified Britons believe
Britons are terrified of being enveloped by a dystopian future in which robots take control of society, research has found.
More than a third of people fear the rise of artificial intelligence (AI) could lead to robots evolving beyond our understanding and taking over.
And around 40% of us think so-called humanoids could eventually destroy humanity as we know it - concerns echoed by Professor Stephen Hawking and Elon Musk, founder of the SpaceX programme who has previously described AI as mankind's "biggest existential threat".
Our paranoia about androids was revealed in studies... read more
- 19:39 Trevor Hopkins obituary
- 19:37 Toys R Us founder dies aged 94 just weeks after life’s work collapses
- 19:37 Group of ‘men dressed as women’ attack IHOP manager after he asks...
- 19:37 Man jailed for raping blind children when he was 12-year-old schoolboy
- 19:37 Luke Shaw does not have what it takes to salvage Man Utd career -...
- 19:32 Cate Blanchett on Woody Allen: 'I don't think I've stayed silent at...
- 19:32 Gala concert a fitting end to great festival
- 19:31 Birmingham man arrested on suspicion of preparing for terrorist act
- 19:31 Abandoned cars is costing this council - and local taxpayers -...
- 19:30 Man exposed himself to girl in Knaresborough
- 19:30 More than 30 police quiz drivers in hunt for missing Fife student
- 19:29 England boss Gareth Southgate confirms Jordan Pickford will start...
- 19:28 Lemon, grapefruit and rice: Handy tips for cleaning tricky...
- 19:27 Jose Mourinho tipped to appease increasingly unhappy Man Utd board
- 19:27 Paul Ince hits out at Jose Mourinho over treatment of Man Utd star,...
- 19:26 Lena Waithe addresses co-star Aziz Ansari controversy with hopes...
- 19:26 “Bloody Tam” Dalyell and his card games with the devil
- 19:25 Lemon, grapefruit and rice: Handy tips for cleaning tricky...
- 19:25 Obesity causes cancer - Cumbrian GP warns of increased risk
- 19:25 Cambridge University reveals 15% gender pay gap
- 19:22 Sherborne school bus attacker jailed for 16 months
- 19:22 Fantasy football tips: Goalkeepers and defenders with most Premier...
- 19:22 He earned mega-bucks at Birmingham City but where is Alex Hleb now?
- 19:22 Jose Mourinho receives Manchester United injury boost with Ander...
- 19:22 Port Vale striker joins the Lambs on loan
- 19:22 Aston Villa's Keinan Davis saves the day with late England winner
- 19:19 Kenya payout for mother made to deliver on hospital floor
- 19:19 Dapchi kidnap: Government 'will not abandon' lone hostage
- 19:19 Midland Classic announces major changes to bus services
- 19:18 Marcus Rashford sends thank you to Zlatan Ibrahimovic following...