Robbie Winters IS the oldest player to score in the modern era of the Scottish Cup
ROBBIE WINTERS is the oldest player in the modern era to score in the Scottish Cup.
The Scottish Football Museum have this week said “it is probable” the East Kilbrdie striker is the oldest player ever to score in a Scottish Cup match after the 41-year-old netted twice in last week’s 9-1 win over Vale of Leithen.
Jim Thomson, from the Scottish Football Museum, responded to last week’s request to find the oldest scorer in the Scottish Cup - a 143-year-old competition - and he couldn’t find anyone who can match or beat Robbie’s evergreen exploits.
Mr Thomson delved into the archives and came... read more
- 11:12 Bank Holiday set to be a washout, with thunderstorms and flooding...
- 11:12 Nottinghamshire police are appealing for help to find a missing man
- 11:11 'Poorly parked vehicle' causes Sheffield bus diversion
- 11:09 Istanbul memories for PNE star John Welsh
- 11:08 Grisly seaside murders to feature in new TV show
- 11:07 New mums urged to adopt ‘breast is best’ philosophy
- 11:07 Nottinghamshire police are appealing for help to find a missing man
- 11:06 9 reasons why you should ignore Noel Gallagher and visit...
- 11:04 Chart-toppers Steps to headline North East gig
- 11:04 Man jailed for selling sick puppies then going on run
- 11:03 Nottinghamshire police are appealing for help to find a missing man
- 10:59 Jam-packed line-up for second day of Ireby Festival
- 10:53 Justin Langer expects Australia to 'cop it' in England over...
- 10:52 Rescue team and a walker help guide a lost man to safety off the...
- 10:52 Glorious conditions forecast in Cumbria for bank holiday weekend
- 10:52 Man Utd transfer news: Raphael Varane wanted in shock swap deal for...
- 10:51 Boots accused of charging NHS over £3,000 for £93 cancer...
- 10:51 Why one of the royal wedding flower girls was missing a hair wreath...
- 10:51 Student flats destroyed after someone used disposable barbecue on roof
- 10:51 Key Salisbury site reopens to public 11 weeks after nerve agent attack
- 10:45 Man jailed for selling sick puppies then going on run
- 10:43 Man jailed for selling sick puppies then going on run
- 10:43 Stabbed at a neo-Nazi rally, called a criminal: how police targeted...
- 10:43 Is Ramadan easier in Nigeria than New York?
- 10:43 Spanish socialists file no-confidence motion against Mariano Rajoy
- 10:41 Glorious conditions forecast in Cumbria for bank holiday weekend
- 10:41 Keswick Convention revamp work set to start on pencil factory
- 10:41 Several volcanic earthquakes strike near Kilauea's summit as...
- 10:41 An Inspector Calls... The Pig in Devon is an idyllic countryside...
- 10:41 Such a dishy city! Searching for the perfect paella in Valencia -...