Road remains closed after fatal oil tanker smash in Ellesmere Port
Oil Sites Road in Ellesmere Port remains closed following a fatal crash involving two oil tankers yesterday (Thursday, October 6).
The accident took place near the National Waterways Museum at around 1pm.
Tragically, a 40-year-old man, who was driving one of the tankers, died as a result of the crash.
Read More Oil tanker driver dies following Ellesmere Port crash
Firefighters remain at the scene today (October 7) after working through the night as part of a major clean-up operation.
Several foam blankets have been laid over the spilled fuel and fire crews have monitored the air for gas.... read more
- 08:13 Star Tyler steals the show as youngest competitor in charity 10k race
- 08:13 NHS bill for swimming infections
- 08:13 Family 'suspicious' after colliding with 'crash for cash' car in Derby
- 08:11 German finance minister preparing for Greek aid without IMF - report
- 08:11 Calum Ferguson felt like the King of Coatbridge after securing...
- 08:11 Cloudy and mainly dry with light winds
- 08:10 Drug addict caught stealing meat from Tesco on Christmas Eve
- 08:10 Chelsea Transfer News: £10m Man Utd move, three Costa replacements,...
- 08:10 Tiger Woods return: Age should NOT be an excuse, claims Ernie Els
- 08:10 Updated: Emergency services stood down after bomb scare
- 08:10 Gmail hack: Even tech-savvy users fooled by sophisticated phishing...
- 08:09 Live: Breaking news and travel from Coventry and Warwickshire on...
- 08:09 The morning news headlines: Theresa May faces questioning by MPs...
- 08:09 ‘Paedophile hunter’ was a child abuser himself
- 08:09 Country & Coast: Innocent awakenings offer the first signs of spring
- 08:09 Anger at hotel shutdown
- 08:09 Juventus to offer Arsenal audacious Miralem Pjanic swap deal for...
- 08:08 World healthcare expert applauds 'pioneering' scheme in Millom
- 08:08 Century-old Lucy still loving life down on the farm in Barrow
- 08:08 Two separate bids made to run Dalton zoo
- 08:08 Barrow man ordered to reduce alcohol intake after drunkenly kicking...
- 08:08 Warnings made of pothole 'tipping point' as funding allocation for...
- 08:08 Friends of the X112 horrified after vital funds are sent back to...
- 08:08 Ulverston Post Office closure came "out of the blue" according to...
- 08:08 EXCLUSIVE: Barrow firefighters say 'There has never been a greater...
- 08:08 Thousands missing out on 'grandparents' credit'
- 08:07 A big thank you from National Memorial Arboretum in Alrewas for...
- 08:07 New occupant for Edinburgh’s BioQuarter life sciences hub
- 08:06 Why aren’t we buying tampons anymore?
- 08:06 Hurrah for Gin! These gin drawings perfectly capture the struggles...