Road closed until Monday after major chemical spill in Kings Norton
A major Birmingham road is set to be closed for the next two days after a chemical spill.
Fire Brigade officials have confirmed that Lifford Lane, Kings Norton will not be open until Monday as a clean up operation takes place.
They were called out at 8.36am on Saturday after a motorist reported a diesel leak.
But when firefighters arrived they realised it was a serious chemical spillage - involving substances used in mixing concrete.
In total 600 litres of csp340 concrete superplasticizer escaped - which could cause major environmental problems if it gets into the water course.
The... read more
- 00:25 Man United v Chelsea transfer battle: Giants sent scouts to watch...
- 00:25 Agent: My client was still upset when he returned to Liverpool last...
- 00:24 'They are delighted': Hollyoaks actress Jennifer Metcalfe is...
- 00:24 'They've been spending a lot of time apart': Claims Hugh Jackman...
- 00:24 Hartlepool United defensive lapses must be stopped
- 00:20 Fresh fears that business rates increase could hit investment
- 00:19 Energy bills: customer switching hits six-year high
- 00:19 New York’s example can help the North become economic powerhouse
- 00:17 Consumers switching of energy suppliers reaches six year high
- 00:16 Last weekend's TV reviewed: Diana styled it her way
- 00:14 Holograms, mistrust and 'fake news' in France's election
- 00:14 Oscars 2017 WINNERS LIST: Will La La Land sweep the board?
- 00:14 Based on a true story: We should expect too much from our...
- 00:13 GPs are failing people with eating disorders, says charity
- 00:11 Drivers face double points for phone use
- 00:11 YEP Says: Reliable service vital for Leeds’s future success
- 00:04 The disappearance of Jonathan Spollen
- 00:03 Howe vows Cherries will keep pressing
- 00:03 The war grief, pain and loss that will not be televised
- 00:03 Time to ask the arms industry to come clean
- 00:03 A memory that serves us well
- 00:03 Harry thrills with hat-trick
- 00:03 Six Nations: Messy England fend off Italy
- 00:03 What price Claudio?
- 00:03 The other Miliband obfuscates for Murdoch
- 00:03 The people hold Venezuela's future
- 00:03 Little good in DWP’s mass jobcentre cull
- 00:03 Cure for a cold? Scientists unearth 'hidden code' that could STOP...
- 00:03 Corbyn critics offer nothing
- 00:03 Hundreds protest at art gallery’s ‘alt-right’ links