RMT says striking staff made their point and wants to move onto settling Virgin East Coast dispute
Virgin East Coast says it put on a good service throughout Monday’s industrial action.
Staff who belong to the RMT union went on strike between 12.01am and 11.59pm, in a dispute over threats to their jobs, working conditions and safety on the network.
Virgin East Coast say that by 6pm, the line’s Public Performance Measure (PPM) - which records whether or not trains are late - stood at 95%, meaning only 5% of trains arrived more than 10 minutes late.
A spokeswoman for Virgin East Coast said: “We have worked hard to ensure there are comprehensive contingency plans in place so our timetable... read more
- 14:43 WATCH: Young girl, 7, pens heartfelt open letter to Prime Minister...
- 14:42 Drunk driver attempted to flee after high-speed crash on A59 at...
- 14:42 Police concerned for safety of 25-year-old man
- 14:42 Public urged to vote for Scotland’s beavers
- 14:41 Charity challenge Walking With The Wounded aiming for biggest year yet
- 14:41 Warning to older people as Met Office issues cold weather alert
- 14:40 Holbeach Music Cafe to reopen at WI Hall
- 14:40 Emergency planning meeting to mobilise village community
- 14:40 Anglesey farmer forks out £500 after assaulting young woman in pub...
- 14:40 German government holds 2017 growth forecast at 1.4 percent - sources
- 14:39 Wall St. set to open lower amid uncertainty under Trump
- 14:39 Ban lifted on Indian bull-taming events to end mass protests
- 14:38 LIVE: Coastguard helicopter responds to 'ongoing incident' in...
- 14:38 Town’s oldest building to be saved from possible collapse
- 14:38 Jurgen Klopp: How injury to star man hit Liverpool players
- 14:38 Has Jurgen Klopp just given up on Liverpool winning the title?
- 14:38 Perplexed by your pension? You're not alone - we lift the lid on...
- 14:37 Changes over time give tower surrealistic feel
- 14:37 Civic Society marks 40 years
- 14:36 WE MAKE QUIZZING FUN: Rumours of this week's Fleetwood Mac top...
- 14:36 YP Letters: Teachers must be equipped to be resilient for pupils’ sake
- 14:36 Drunk driver attempted to flee after high-speed crash on A59 at...
- 14:34 WE MAKE QUIZZING FUN: Rumours of this week's Fleetwood Mac top...
- 14:34 Ladies College choir on song for national contest
- 14:34 Leeds Bradford Airport boosts New York flights roster
- 14:34 Alcohol stolen after pub is ram-raided
- 14:34 Expansion plans for Banbury’s Castle Quay ready to go
- 14:34 Could you be breaking the law when you drive on frosty mornings?
- 14:34 Steven Gerrard discussed managerial ambitions with Jurgen Klopp...
- 14:33 Nicola Adams to make professional boxing debut on Terry Flanagan...