Ritzy strikers take fight to red carpet
Cinema staff urge BFI to cut ties with Cineworld
CINEMA workers staged a second strike in two weeks yesterday in a long-running dispute for the London Living Wage (LLW) by calling on the British Film Institute (BFI) to break ties with the cinema’s owners.
Staff members of the Ritzy cinema in Brixton, south London, demanded that Picturehouse, owned by Cineworld, pay them enough to live in the capital.
The strike coincides with the BFI London Film Festival, that the Ritzy was due to host events for.
But workers closed it for the day to pressure BFI to abandon its connections with their... read more
- 13:19 Reston now has its own defibrillator
- 13:19 Duns Probus members enjoy Buns Supper
- 13:18 Boilersuit Ball aims to raise vital funds for baby unit
- 13:18 'Mystery' of iconic Bettys building in Harrogate is solved!
- 13:18 Classic grub goes down a treat at St Francis Catholic Primary...
- 13:17 Kodi users targeted as the fight against piracy heats up
- 13:17 People are going nuts for this couple who look like EastEnders’...
- 13:17 Woman urges people to ‘murder all male babies’
- 13:16 Revealed: First look at £82m Coventry train station masterplan
- 13:16 Coventry Cathedral stands up for tolerance on Trump's inauguration
- 13:16 Coventry City fan takeover is 'doable', insists Sky Blue Trust
- 13:16 Head on collision near Banbury
- 13:15 No plans to close Dewsbury A&E department
- 13:15 Drink driver of 18-tonne HGV arrested near Wetherby after public...
- 13:15 Manchester United midfielder Michael Carrick warns team-mates...
- 13:15 Man City forward Leroy Sane prepared for big leap forward
- 13:15 New weather warning for ice and freezing fog issued by Met Office
- 13:15 Police issue warning over telephone scam in Horncastle area
- 13:14 Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger set for crunch talks following Burnley...
- 13:13 Chester Grosvenor Museum to hold 12th open art exhibition
- 13:13 Police hunt wanted man who has Blacon links
- 13:13 Trump loyalist has her hair SET ON FIRE during ugly clash with...
- 13:13 New Moldovan President rips down EU flag as he announces closer...
- 13:13 ISIS-obsessed teens facing terror charges almost QUADRUPLE in a...
- 13:13 David de Gea: This is what I want Manchester United to achieve this...
- 13:13 Nicola Sturgeon steps up indyref2 calls after Supreme Court ruling
- 13:11 Warning over rogue rubbish removers fly-tipping in South Derbyshire
- 13:11 It Can Wait police appeal after M1 crash in November 2014 left...
- 13:11 On The Wildside
- 13:11 Duns Burns Club toast Rabbie, a cultural icon