Risks in China's banking system controllable even as bad loans rise - PBOC Zhou
Risks in China's banking system are controllable even as bad loans increase, said the governor of the country's central bank.
Lenders have adequate capital, People's Bank of China (PBOC) Governor Zhou Xiaochuan said. The PBOC published the comments, made at a G20 meeting in Washington earlier this week, on its website on Sunday.
Chinese banks extended 948.7 billion yuan ($142 billion) in net new yuan loans in August, more than double the figure of the previous month.
Credit growth is fast, and that is a reflection of China's efforts in boosting growth amid a weak global economy, Zhou said.... read more
- 17:03 Quit monkeying around: Animals know when they are being treated...
- 17:03 Deformed skeletons found in the foetal position shed light on the...
- 17:03 30 firemen rush to serious fire off A46 by Damon's roundabout
- 17:03 Crash! Storm Doris blowns down huge tree in Parcel Terrace, Derby
- 17:03 Coastguard warning over 'wave dodgers'
- 17:02 Car damaged in ‘revenge attack’
- 17:02 Hearts picked the wrong guy and Ian Cathro must go – Hotline
- 17:01 Everton to lose winger Yannick Bolasie for the rest of the year
- 17:01 Chelsea make Frank Lampard announcement ahead of Swansea clash
- 17:01 Arsenal legend Martin Keown wants to see more from Shkodran Mustafi
- 17:00 East Barkwith postmaster and Rasen MP promote services
- 16:59 Live electricity cable brought down in Rhosgadfan leaving 30 homes...
- 16:57 Paul Merson: This is how Swansea will try and stop Chelsea... but...
- 16:57 Chelsea v Swansea TV channel, kick-off time, odds and recent meetings
- 16:56 County website is attracting the hits
- 16:56 Images of on-the-run killer Shaun Walmsley's escape released
- 16:56 MP scores concession on shared data
- 16:56 Coventry City Digest: Former Sky Blues boss Steven Pressley sacked...
- 16:56 Hull KR chairman Neil Hudgell blasts Salford and Marwan Koukash...
- 16:55 Skilled pilots tackle extreme Storm Doris winds to land plane at...
- 16:54 Your car could become your personal assistant - and know if you've...
- 16:53 The view from different sides of the fence in Spalding’s Pennygate
- 16:53 Watch: Vans crushed by fallen trees in Newhall as Storm Doris...
- 16:53 Is this the clue Man Utd are selling Wayne Rooney? Club shop...
- 16:53 Crackdown on abandoned vehicles in Northumberland
- 16:52 Plane crash lands off runway during Storm Doris
- 16:52 Trump tells CEOs he plans to bring back millions of jobs
- 16:52 Isco would be welcome at Barcelona, admits Jordi Alba
- 16:52 Six of the most iconic gigs at King Tut’s in Glasgow
- 16:51 Crackdown on abandoned vehicles in Northumberland