Ride to the Wall - why bikers have set off in convoy from Derby to National Memorial Arboretum
Thousands of bikers are taking part in the annual Ride to the Wall event today - here, Martin Naylor finds out more.
Ray Risk was once almost the victim of a drive-by IRA shooting when he served in the army. He was living in Manchester and it was around the time the dissident group bombed the city's Arndale Centre.
"Any soldier seemed to be fair game at the time and I remember hearing the noise of the shots and it was only, afterwards, I realised they were after me," the 69-year-old said. "I was a lucky one, but there have been thousands of soldiers and servicemen who haven't... read more
- 15:41 Manchester United’s Romelu Lukaku has advantage over Chelsea...
- 15:39 Millers Bar shows why it keeps winning popularity awards
- 15:39 GlaxoSmithKline to sell UK Horlicks business - 320 jobs to be lost
- 15:38 Mercedes gearbox failures due to 'overstepping the mark' according...
- 15:38 Boy who died of brain tumour remembered by classmates with poignant...
- 15:38 Suspected leader of people smuggling gang extradited after arrest...
- 15:38 The latest education news and events in Hull and East Yorkshire for...
- 15:37 The 20 best action movies out now on Netflix
- 15:36 'Talented' Ruben Lameiras hailed by Plymouth Argyle manager after...
- 15:36 ‘F*****g tourists, go home!’ Explicit plane banner targets...
- 15:35 The Open 2017: Dustin Johnson admits Masters injury 'sucked' but...
- 15:35 Watch deaf Scottish footballer net top corner screamer against...
- 15:34 Woman, 26, claims she’s got the world’s oldest balloon
- 15:32 Mental health wards in Cumbria not up to standard
- 15:32 Man robbed at knife-point near Cumbrian church
- 15:32 Two sought after attempted building society fraud in Carlisle
- 15:32 Carr's Group trading 'as expected'
- 15:32 Anger as parents must pay £390 to send children to school 20 miles...
- 15:32 One day left to nominate your inspirational and amazing lady
- 15:32 Picnic to say farewell to popular Whitehaven headteacher
- 15:32 Lakes trains to run on 'alternative power'
- 15:32 Tribute paid to motorcyclist killed in crash on way home from...
- 15:31 Barrow pupils enjoy end-of-school celebration
- 15:32 Trucker who died on main Cumbrian road named by police
- 15:31 Mental health wards in Cumbria not up to standard
- 15:32 Up to £50m funding boost for West Cumberland Hospital
- 15:31 Lakes trains to run on 'alternative power'
- 15:32 Man who survived 260ft plunge down Thailand waterfall back home in...
- 15:31 Barrow reveller tried to stop arrest
- 15:32 Lake District Wildlife Park boosts butterfly numbers with mass release