Rich nations say on track for promised $100 billion climate finance
Rich countries said on Monday they were on track to keep a promise to provide developing nations with $100 billion a year to tackle climate change by 2020, up from an estimated $62 billion in 2014.
The pledge of fast-rising funds, first made in 2009 to help the poor rein in greenhouse gas emissions and adapt to rising temperatures, was a key to ensuring all governments signed up for the 2015 Paris Agreement to combat global warming.
"We are confident we will meet the $100 billion goal from a variety of sources, and reaffirm our commitment to doing so," developed nations said in a... read more
- 08:41 Married Premier League star 'tried to rape me': Female QPR player...
- 08:41 Crazed drunk jumped onto car bonnet, bent windscreen wipers and...
- 08:41 Is Cristiano Ronaldo engaged? Star beams with pride with pregnant...
- 08:40 'I didn't want to be classed as a Northern actress' says Lesley...
- 08:39 Traffic chaos in Derby as car overturns at Five Lamps
- 08:39 Flood warning issued in the Calder Valley
- 08:38 Barnier to quit as EU's Brexit negotiator BEFORE trade talks...
- 08:37 Man Utd News: Mourinho threatens players claim, big injury boost,...
- 08:37 Mother filmed Argos doll ‘saying b***h’ to girl, 2, instead of Mama
- 08:37 Toni Kroos talks up Harry Kane at FIFA The Best awards amid...
- 08:37 Cristiano Ronaldo and family joined by Real Madrid team-mate Sergio...
- 08:33 Trump in Twitter spat with grieving war widow pregnant with slain...
- 08:32 Police seek vandal over attack on ambulance in Sheffield
- 08:30 Serious accident closes road in both directions off A57
- 08:29 Owner of Preston's 1842 bar insists venue is not closing
- 08:29 Powerhouse chief’s praise for Lancashire
- 08:28 Schoolboys mimed sex acts on black pupils and shouted about...
- 08:28 'I was afraid to go out on street' - Midland slavery victim
- 08:28 RISE AND SHINE: Live travel updates, weather and more
- 08:28 Man Utd news: Ryan Giggs makes bold Man City title prediction
- 08:27 Neymar slams Marseille fans for throwing ‘baguettes’ at him during...
- 08:27 Missing Barrow man found safe and well
- 08:27 Leader comment: Football exposes children to hate
- 08:27 Maureen Dowd: Carter lusts for Trump posting
- 08:26 Lune Valley family farm saved by ‘hipster coffee drinkers’
- 08:25 Staggering rise of hate crime reports in Hull and East Yorkshire
- 08:24 Soap spoilers: EastEnders reveals a huge announcement
- 08:24 Craig Revel Horwood ‘in agony after delaying hip operation to keep...
- 08:23 Commuters bemused as Merseyrail cancels trains over 'slippery rails'
- 08:23 Teenager left with broken jaw after Bold Street attack