Rich nations say on track for promised $100 billion climate finance
Rich countries said on Monday they were on track to keep a promise to provide developing nations with $100 billion a year to tackle climate change by 2020, up from an estimated $62 billion in 2014.
The pledge of fast-rising funds, first made in 2009 to help the poor rein in greenhouse gas emissions and adapt to rising temperatures, was a key to ensuring all governments signed up for the 2015 Paris Agreement to combat global warming.
"We are confident we will meet the $100 billion goal from a variety of sources, and reaffirm our commitment to doing so," developed nations said in a... read more
- 08:06 Troops in Myanmar's Rakhine on high alert after killings of Rohingya
- 08:06 Carlisle woman tried to steal takeaway delivered to her home
- 08:06 Which? reveal best and worst broadband speeds in the UK
- 08:05 Derbyshire GP who blogged about her bipolar disorder committed suicide
- 08:05 Antonio Conte still threatening to quit Chelsea over transfers
- 08:05 Waterloo Road bridge to close for repairs
- 08:04 10 police stations to close to the public
- 08:04 Alvaro Morata to Chelsea: Antonio Conte to hijack Man Utd move -...
- 08:04 Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp still wants Virgil van Dijk but deal...
- 08:03 Italian doctor who worked at Leicester Royal Infirmary had not...
- 08:03 Fire at three-storey premises caused by faulty sewing machine
- 08:02 How do street performers float? The levitating trick explained
- 08:02 Rare opportunity to buy Windermere lakeside plot and boat house
- 08:01 Middlesbrough slap £25m fee on Ben Gibson: Boro don’t want to sell,...
- 08:01 Sing a song for us Andrew Bridgen! North West Leicestershire MP...
- 08:01 Don't be tempted to swim in dangerous water - no matter how hot it...
- 08:01 Thousands of pets in the East Midlands at risk of deadly diseases
- 08:01 Homeless man stole deoderant to sell for food in Worksop
- 08:01 Morrisons introduces puppets into all stores to teach kids the...
- 08:01 15 things all surfers know to be true
- 08:01 International Sunglasses Day: What your sunglasses type says about you
- 08:00 Nikkei rises for 3rd day as weak yen supports; steel shares soar
- 08:00 Stada buyout falls short of shareholder acceptance target
- 07:58 Alexandre Lacazette transfer looks ideal for Arsenal, says...
- 07:58 PSG contact Fabinho as Manchester United talks drag on
- 07:58 Man who pushed boy off bike in Leamington park sought by police
- 07:57 Prince Charles trip on Royal Train cost taxpayers £46,000
- 07:57 Two bullies filmed attacking schoolgirl, 12, tracked down
- 07:57 Real Madrid Transfer News: Gareth Bale to snub interest from PSG...
- 07:57 Lionel Messi isn’t happy about Gerard Deulofeu Barcelona arrival -...