Rhyl man with 'backache' had rare form of cancer
Andy Farrell's family were used to regular trips to the doctor over the keen rugby playing teenager's frequent back problems.
But after a decade of taking painkillers he was found to have been suffering from a rare form of cancer and was dead within three years.
Andy, at the age of just 24, was diagnosed with sarcoma which was found in his back.
None of his relatives had ever heard of the condition, which affects the bones and soft tissue.
'He was an absolute star'
After a three-year battle he passed away in October last year aged just 27.
The loss hit his parents and three brothers hard... read more
- 08:10 Jurgen Klopp explains how Mohamed Salah can become the best player...
- 08:09 Under-16s set to be banned from using WhatsApp - what it means for you
- 08:09 Royal wedding afternoon tea event in the Ribble Valley
- 08:09 Liverpool Player Ratings: How good were Firmino, Henderson and co...
- 08:08 Mitsubishi striving to eclipse its rivals
- 08:08 Man seen exposing himself to passers by outside Carlisle car rental...
- 08:06 Costa Coffee to spin off from Whitbread
- 08:06 Inside Nintendo's secretive creative process
- 08:06 Man charged with attempted murder after stabbing outside flats in...
- 08:06 UK EuroMillions ticket-holder wins entire £121.3 million jackpot...
- 08:06 Mohamed Salah: Liverpool star on a par with Lionel Messi and...
- 08:04 RISE AND SHINE: All your latest morning news
- 08:03 Single Brit winner scoops £121million EuroMillions jackpot - are...
- 08:02 Extra police at Birmingham Airport today - here's why
- 08:02 RISE AND SHINE: All your latest morning news
- 08:02 Police hunt down suspected car thieves with dogs in Penwortham
- 08:01 Letters: Puzzled by 20% rise in cost of scratch cards
- 08:01 ALERT: Warning issued to Sheffield WhatsApp users over fraud scam
- 08:01 ALERT: Warning issued to Doncaster WhatsApp users over fraud scam
- 08:00 From a homeless hostel to vice-chancellor of Lincoln University
- 07:59 Supreme Court to hear NI woman's widow benefit case
- 07:55 Toronto van murderer may have killed 10 due to ‘hatred of women’
- 07:55 Golden State Warriors set up Playoff showdown with New Orleans...
- 07:54 Alfie Evans' parents to appeal against High Court's Rome travel ban...
- 07:52 Martin Bain opens up on Sunderland's relegation, Ellis Short and a...
- 07:51 TSB crisis: CEO says online banking is 'up and running', but some...
- 07:51 Meek Mill receives hero’s welcome as he rings the bell at...
- 07:50 Foreign Office climate staff cut by 25% under Boris Johnson
- 07:50 Cricket fans given chance to purchase land at Lord's for...
- 07:49 Ice cream parlour with 50 flavours to open in Northampton shopping...